no sound from NI Maschine MK2!!

brahma jay

hi guys.
got my Native Instuments Maschine mk2 today. installed software, connected hardware to my laptop (toshiba/ windows vista), but no sound is coming out from the speakers or headphones.
downloaded asio drivers (as someone suggested) and opened audio/midi settings (software maschine) changed it to asio but still nothing.

if anyone could help me with some tips, that would be great.
Googled it a lot and tried everything but still no sound. it looks like its a common problem.
need help asap!!!

hi guys.
got my Native Instuments Maschine mk2 today. installed software, connected hardware to my laptop (toshiba/ windows vista), but no sound is coming out from the speakers or headphones.
downloaded asio drivers (as someone suggested) and opened audio/midi settings (software maschine) changed it to asio but still nothing.

if anyone could help me with some tips, that would be great.
Googled it a lot and tried everything but still no sound. it looks like its a common problem.
need help asap!!!

See... this is why you should have held out for an Akai Studio.

Kcearl has a Maschine, perhaps you could PM him if no one gets back to you.

OK have you checked that the outputs in maschines audio preferences are on?

if so open up Asios control panel and check that the audio outputs are on there..

Make sure nothing else is using the Asio drivers at the same time...are you getting sound when just using the computers MME drivers? have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling asio4all? does it work as a plugin within a DAW?

Have you tried using the computers natural drivers like kc suggested?

If you're not running through an interface, ASIO might not work as easily with your computers built in soundcard for whatever reason.

Have you tried using the computers natural drivers like kc suggested?

If you're not running through an interface, ASIO might not work as easily with your computers built in soundcard for whatever reason.

no i dont have an interface. was trying to run the maschine only with my laptop. maybe its not gonna work. also maybe my laptop is not compatible with the maschine software (i got in 2009).

Last edited:
I notice you say youre running Vista...Id get in touch with NIs tech support..according to their requirements Vista isnt supported

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Windows 7 or Windows 8 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)

I notice you say youre running Vista...Id get in touch with NIs tech support..according to their requirements Vista isnt supported

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Windows 7 or Windows 8 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)

Whoops, missed that.

Vista isn't actually supported, but Maschine is able to run fine on some systems when users have installed older drivers.
I've ran Maschine on a vista laptop when I first got it and wasn't around my main system. However, that was with MK1 hardware.

Whoops, missed that.

Vista isn't actually supported, but Maschine is able to run fine on some systems when users have installed older drivers.
I've ran Maschine on a vista laptop when I first got it and wasn't around my main system. However, that was with MK1 hardware.

Same

And im not saying it is vista..i run stuff on win 7 that hasnt been supported since XP, but im guessing this is a software issue not hardware...he needs to speak to N.I's support, they could say that 1.8.2 wont run on Vista, no point in trying to troubleshoot it Id say...:confused:

The new drivers required to run MKII might not work well with Vista :(

Try installing SP2 (if you're not already running it. it's less troublesome with programs.), and if you can get me a screenshot(s) out of your audio preferences tab.

Same

And im not saying it is vista..i run stuff on win 7 that hasnt been supported since XP, but im guessing this is a software issue not hardware...he needs to speak to N.I's support, they could say that 1.8.2 wont run on Vista, no point in trying to troubleshoot it Id say...:confused:

Yeah, tech support is his best bet.
In the past though, N.I. has stopped it at "Vista isn't supported."

The N.I. forum should be able to help though better than I for sure. I have no experience with Vista :( people there are bound to

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

oh man that would be great.

here is my laptop info:
toshiba satelite M305 / Intel Core (TM) Duo CPU T6400 2.00GHz / RAM 4 GB, System type 64 bit
Windows Vista Home Premium

yeah i was thinking to contact technical support but that was the last option. hoped to figure it out by myself but didn't succeed.

Lol....sorry

I think the OS is the biggest stumbling block tbh vista is pretty shit for music making anyway:(

Back