no joystick port for MIDI

DrSpankenstein

Hey all,
I bought a joystick port MIDI interface for my yamaha, but my puter does not have a joystick port. Can I use the serial port with an adapter? Any help would be cool...oh and apreciated.

thanks dave

ps-my puter is a gateway, and I do know about the MIDI interfaces just don't have enough cash for one at this time.

DrSpankenstein said:
Hey all,
I bought a joystick port MIDI interface for my yamaha, but my puter does not have a joystick port. Can I use the serial port with an adapter? Any help would be cool...oh and apreciated.

thanks dave

ps-my puter is a gateway, and I do know about the MIDI interfaces just don't have enough cash for one at this time.

You could either invest in a cheap sound card with a joystick port OR you could buy a MIDI to USB adapter.

I don't think you'd be as happy with a MIDI to Serial adapater.

Personally, I'd get the cheap soundcard. Just watch out for conflicts.

Carl

yeah I thought about that too. I will prolly just try to buy the usb interface. I am going to get a real audio card soon...I hope!

thanks for the reply

dave

Yea.. if you don't wanna spend a bunch of money you could disable the onboard sound in the bios and buy a cheapie sound card that has a joystick/midi port on it. Bet you can find one around town for less than $30 easily..

look on newegg.com for cheap computer parts. you can get an sb live oem for $30 or even cheaper brands for less (though i would stay away from those personally)

Back