Ngd!!!!

minerman

Tonetard
Well, it finally got here. Literally had time enough to un-box it & take a couple/few pics....Haven't even plugged it in yet, as soon as I get this posted, that's what I'm gonna do.....

As far as looks, can't find a blemish anywhere on it, & to me, it's absolutely gorgeous...:).

Clips to come, probably with the new mic....:D.

Last edited:
Holy fuck guys!!! I can't believe how this thing plays, it just feels like twice the guitar compared to my LP...The binding on the neck covers the fret ends, which I didn't expect, there's no coil taps, just 2 vol, 2 tone knobs, & the 3-way switch. Haven't had a look at the pots to see if it has the pcb in it or not, honestly I don't care right now...Pretty damn happy with this thing so far...:D.

Its fucking beautiful, man. I'm so happy you're happy with it.

It looks nicer than both of mine. My Epi almost looks like it, but it's got P-90's and.....well, it's an Epi.

My Gibson has a satin finish that doesn't look anywhere near as nice as this.

To me, a Cherry Red SG is the most beautiful thing on earth that can't be put in a p0rn movie. Well, maybe it can, but that's just kookie talk. :eek:

Thanks guys, so far, I love it. Even unplugged it's got way more sustain than any of my other guitars. I didn't expect that to be honest, because it's so thin/small, but plugged into the amp, it feels like the notes will just ring forever...

I did take the control cavity plate off for a pic, it's got the quick connect system like my Lester:

Here's a pic of the binding on the neck (that covers the fret ends):

And so far, so good, haven't found any crackling in the switch/pots, seems to be a well-built guitar, but it should be, because of the price...

And since I'm on the subject of $$$ here, I wanna thank all you guys who helped me out a few weeks ago. I used the $$$ you guys sent me to pay my bills, & to eat on. I cannot thank you guys enough, ever, and I will pay you back, as soon as I start getting my $$$ coming in on a regular basis...It was just amazing that you guys did that, & again, I cannot thank you enough...I'm not gonna mention any names, but you know who you are, so again, thanks!!!!

I did receive about 5 months back pay for temporary disability, but it's only a fraction of what I'll be getting starting next month, so I didn't plunk $1,100 down on this guitar, because it has to last me until April. I got this thing on monthly payments for the next year...Fuck, I haven't even had $1,100 all at one time in over 15 months now...:(.

So, I spent a grand total of $125 on myself, & wouldn't have did that had I not been awarded my $$$ from the government, that I paid taxes into for 25+ years. That's my present to myself for busting my ass for 25+ years being an underground coal miner, $5/year for 25 years...

The binding over the fret ends is a Gibson thing. Every factory Gibson neck I've ever seen with binding has the "nibs"....unless it's been re-fretted. Most luthiers won't bother with preserving the nibs.

The binding over the fret ends is a Gibson thing. Every factory Gibson neck I've ever seen with binding has the "nibs"....unless it's been re-fretted. Most luthiers won't bother with preserving the nibs.

I was mistaken on this dude, I watched a vid a couple days ago (Anderton's), & they had a guitar exactly like mine, then had an "HP" model comparing the two. I thought the HP had the neck bevel (whatever the fuck that's called, where they took the heel completely off the back of the neck), & the "nibs", but the Standard T (which is what I bought) didn't have 'em. It was actually a nice surprise, because I think that's cool myself. A little attention to detail...

So, now you guys have gotten me from superstrat/shred guitars, to a plain-jane LP, & now to an SG, with binding...I guess there's no goin' back now...:D.

I always wanted an SG back in the day, more so than I ever did an LP...and the cherry color is THE color for the SG, no other colors should be allowed. :D

I didn't follow all your SG thread posts...but I thought you were at first talking about getting one with P90s...?
Anyway...I like it with HBs much more, and that's what I would have gotten. :thumbs up:

Don't feel guilty about giving yourself a present. You've had a lot of shit to deal with for months now...and sometimes a little pick-me-up like that helps you turn the page and get things back on track.

You're going to love that SG. It is a great guitar, so much more tactile than a Les Paul. My choice would be vintage style humbuckers over P90s. Mine has Duncan Seth Lovers. What pups did you get?

My first guitar was a 70s SG knock-off branded Ampeg, with a bolt on neck, vintage cherry. I've loved the shape and feel every since. For me, it must be black.

I always wanted an SG back in the day, more so than I ever did an LP...and the cherry color is THE color for the SG, no other colors should be allowed. :D

I didn't follow all your SG thread posts...but I thought you were at first talking about getting one with P90s...?
Anyway...I like it with HBs much more, and that's what I would have gotten. :thumbs up:

The color wan't an issue dude. Like you, to me, heritage cherry is THE color for the SG, although the white ones are nice....along with the black ones....along with the blue ones....:laughings:.

My favorite color is blue, I was looking at blue LP's when I got the one I have now, just like I was looking around to find a blue SG. But, $$$ is an issue, sure I could've bought used, but, I would've had to plunk the whole amount down for it, which honestly, would take me several months to save up for, so, I did what I had to....

I almost got the P-90's, but backed out at the last minute, really because I wasn't positive I'd like 'em. The bridge p'up is a 498T, which is a little hotter than my LP's, so in a way, this guitar is different...

Don't feel guilty about giving yourself a present. You've had a lot of shit to deal with for months now...and sometimes a little pick-me-up like that helps you turn the page and get things back on track.

Thanks Miro, thanks a lot bud. I have been through a lotta shit for months now, & it does feel good to have a new toy....even if I'll have to stretch the payments out for a year.....

I don't wanna start a pity-party here, but I sold a bunch of my gear last year, just to pay the bills & survive. Ceriatone Chupacabra, gone. Marshall DSL-1H, gone. Egnater Tweaker, gone. To add insult to injury, I only got a fraction out of that gear that I paid for it, which I knew that would happen if I ever decided to sell any of it.

I could go on, but you get my point. The past whole year has been a pure bastard for me, but it's been extremely hard since October when my health problems kicked my ass (and just to be totally honest, is still kickin' my ass)...Again, I don't mean to keep goin' & goin' about this shit, I'd love to forget about it, but my health problems ain't just gonna go away. I'm gonna have to build myself back up to where I can live a semi-normal life. Right now, it's anything but normal. Sure, there are things I can still do, but man, sometimes just taking a shower is a task that wears me completely out. It's like someone has changed batteries inside my body, & the one I have now, is about drained...Now that I've finally got steady income that I don't have to worry about (or I hope), that's a big, big strain off me. But, like I've mentioned, it's only one part of a bigger picture that has gotten just ugly as hell....

Sorry for the long-ass post, & again I apologize to everyone here for keepin' on with my problems, but all this shit has been a life-altering/changing experience...

You're going to love that SG. It is a great guitar, so much more tactile than a Les Paul. My choice would be vintage style humbuckers over P90s. Mine has Duncan Seth Lovers. What pups did you get?

My first guitar was a 70s SG knock-off branded Ampeg, with a bolt on neck, vintage cherry. I've loved the shape and feel every since. For me, it must be black.

Thanks dude, I already love it...The p'ups are 498T/490R. It doesn't have the coil taps on the volume pots like my LP does, but that doesn't matter really....I originally wanted P-90's in it, but backed out. Maybe down the road I'll throw a set of P-90's in it. It's got the pcb/quick connectors, so it shouldn't really be hard to swap 'em out....

My first electric guitar was just like this, same color, same guitar, exactly:

I suppose that's a big reason I wanted this SG, it kinda reminds me of that guitar, which my old man bought for me, Christmas 1983, who passed away, Jan 2, 2014. I sure do miss him, but, he'll always be "around", just because of things like this, & I refuse to forget him, period...

Tad: Thanks dude, I was expecting you to show up here sooner, but it's cool dude....Not gonna promise anything, but I'm thinking about trying a vid like you did using Reaper...

It's my 40th birthday today, so I've been out for dinner and cocktails with my sweetie. I missed all of the fun!

I say have at it with a video, it's cool to put faces to the screen names.

That really is a great looking guitar. I'll pop into the tone thread to listen to your latest tone and see how she sounds.

It's my 40th birthday today, so I've been out for dinner and cocktails with my sweetie. I missed all of the fun!

I say have at it with a video, it's cool to put faces to the screen names.

That really is a great looking guitar. I'll pop into the tone thread to listen to your latest tone and see how she sounds.

Happy Birthday dude!!!!! I can always remember that now, because I got this SG on your birthday....

I dunno about the vid dude, sure, the guitar looks great, but I look like death nibblin' on a cracker...:).

Very nice guitar minerman, just don't pull a Pete Townshend with it. It always mad me mad seeing him bust up those SGs when I wanted one so bad. Looking forward to listening to your first recording with it.

I was mistaken on this dude, I watched a vid a couple days ago (Anderton's), & they had a guitar exactly like mine, then had an "HP" model comparing the two. I thought the HP had the neck bevel (whatever the fuck that's called, where they took the heel completely off the back of the neck), & the "nibs", but the Standard T (which is what I bought) didn't have 'em. It was actually a nice surprise, because I think that's cool myself. A little attention to detail...

So, now you guys have gotten me from superstrat/shred guitars, to a plain-jane LP, & now to an SG, with binding...I guess there's no goin' back now...:D.

I think I saw the same video, Miner. Is that the one where Rob C is playing the black SG? Made me really want one. I think I want another amp more though.

Back