Ngd!!!!!!

minerman

Tonetard
Well, it was actually Monday, but I wasn't here, & didn't really even play it very much yesterday, so I'll just say it's today....

2014 Gibson LP Studio, 490 p'ups w/coil tap, in desert burst....

The finish isn't what I expected, it more like a satin/vintage thing, compared to the shiny, clearcoated look on the website, but that's ok, it's still a very nice guitar....

60's profile neck, all the frets seem to not have any sharp edges on 'em, & so far, I haven't found any dead spots (I've had a few guitars that have 'em), action is actually just a tad too low, & I get a little string buzzing when I play hard, but I'll take care of that when I change the strings, I'll give her a good setup just for me....

No binding on it, but again, it still looks great IMO, it's got good sustain, & while the p'ups aren't as hot as the CC, it still sounds great IMO....It's actually brighter than my Ibanez, which has a Duncan CC p'up in the bridge, & that really surprised me to be honest...The coil taps surprised me actually, I can get a strat-y tone with the bridge p'up split, so that's a plus too...The tones from this thing are great IMHO, & it's actually a lot brighter sounding than I thought it'd be, lots of clarity & definition, with a chunky low end....

I'm still learning how to dial my amp(s) in with it, but this one's a keeper, I love it!!!!!!

Here's some pics I took today:

Really happy with the new LP guys, had one years ago, but I wish I'd gotten another one a long time ago!!!:)

Sweet! Congrats man. I agree with Mutt. I like this modest smooth burst better than the typical modern bursts that go from way too dark to way too light way too quickly. But most importantly - it's a full-on LP. Enjoy man!

Thanks guys, of course, it's gonna take me a little while to get used to it, I've been beating on an Ibanez for the last couple years, & the neck on that guitar is really thin....But, the new LP has a totally different tone too, which I love....Again, just gonna take some time....Thanks again guys, love the new LP!!!!!

I really like that satin finish look. I prefer that over the 1 inch thick gobs of poly.

Thanks again guys.....well, it's time to put the new LP up....gotta go back to work today....my wife had to pry it from my hands....LOL....thanks again for all who helped me choose this new guitar, & I'll try to make some better clips in the next day or so....

Thanks guys....the wife had to jump my shit today, told me "you're gonna have to put that guitar up, & get ready for work you know???".....:laughings:

You know Greg, I've been thinking of putting white pickguard, p'up rings, & selector washer on my LP, but that looks great with black dude....

That looks a lot like my guitar, the 'burst may be a little darker, but it could be the camera or the black accents on it too....

So, you thought it'd played good huh??? Cool man, I really like how the new LP feels/plays/sounds to be honest....this is the guitar I should've gotten a long time ago....

Gonna grab a shower & fire the amp up!!!!!:D

Thanks guys....the wife had to jump my shit today, told me "you're gonna have to put that guitar up, & get ready for work you know???".....:laughings:

You know Greg, I've been thinking of putting white pickguard, p'up rings, & selector washer on my LP, but that looks great with black dude....

That looks a lot like my guitar, the 'burst may be a little darker, but it could be the camera or the black accents on it too....

So, you thought it'd played good huh??? Cool man, I really like how the new LP feels/plays/sounds to be honest....this is the guitar I should've gotten a long time ago....

Gonna grab a shower & fire the amp up!!!!!:D

Yup, I liked it. I didn't really like the unfinished neck though. The profile felt really nice but I could feel the grain in it. Felt a little rough. Maybe I'm just used to mine which is also unfinished/unpainted, but it's super smooth. Maybe it has a light coat of nitro on it or something. It's really smooth but not sticky like a painted neck. In any case, the build and finish seemed really good to me. And it had the vintage style satin finish but it was definitely a darker burst than what yours appears to be. I like your finish way better. I also liked the speed knobs. I might get some for mine.

Back