NGD - SX SST57 - Amazing AX!

strangedogs

NEVER liked Strats... always was an LP kinda guy. Decided I wanted something totally different for a change so I went and tried out the MIM Strats, Squiers, etc at the GC here in town. Was all set to get a Squier (Vintage White) but since I had an Agile LP and love it I decided to try a SX SST57 from Rondo. WOW! Sure glad I went with the SX - it's simply put - a great Ax for the little money I paid.

Here's my NEW SX SST57 - 1 word - EXCELLENT. Plays great. I'm in love... Never owned single coils before and I'm having to relearn amp settings, etc. Not what I'd call POWDER BLUE (as Rondo calls it) but more AQUA (swimming pool Aqua). Love the look and the vintage high gloss neck is just what this old LP man needed to get a different "feel" AND SOUND TOO. The neck alone is worth the price. The Strats and the Squiers I tried out couldn't hold a candle to it. Stretched the strings good - tuned "her" up about 3 or 4 times in the first 5 minutes then she held tune fine. Stays in tune for days just like my Agile, and I bend like a fool. I tried out the Whammy Bar but took it off again as I really never use them and they do screw up the tuning anyways. The tuners are fine - the frets were very nice - almost felt "filed" - no sharp ends, etc - the neck is smooth as glass and fast as greased snot - no buzzing - no setup needed really...

BEST $99 Guitar I have ever seen. My Agile was the best $199 Guitar I ever saw too. This RONDO stuff is amazing for the $$$$.

Played for about 2 hours last night and held tune the whole time - no mods for me - it's a KEEPER just like it is.

SX1.jpg

SX2.jpg

SX3.jpg

For a guy who didn't like Strats I can't put this baby down. If you're looking for a Strat copy - try an SX SST57 - the Vintage colors, the Vintage High-Gloss neck, the VERY FENDERISH single coil pickups are all GREAT! I'm already looking at the STL50 "Tele" in Vintage White or Butterscotch Blond. These are a NO-BRAINER for the money. I figured I'd have to change the nut, possibly the tuners and possibly the pick-ups too - NADA - It's probably going to stay stock as it's a great Ax just like it is.

I dunno.... don't you feel sort of, well... effeminate... toting a guitar that colour?

Looks more like a duck egg blue to me...

And man... do you feel the need to weed? I mean, look at that lawn... what's the world coming to...

But seriously, sounds like you're found your own personal Holy Grail for only $99... well done...:cool:

effeminate? muhahaha... "italiano" ain't never felt that. And Florida means WEED in some language I'm sure. :D It actually has a slight touch of green in it (the lighting inside really shows it).

Sweet ax, for sure! I love finding great deals like that.

As far as your lawn, you're lucky to have anything green at all in Florida, ain't cha??

SX makes a very nice line of guitars for what they cost.
and the ones that I have had experiences with come shipped with a pretty decent setup.
the electronics are not the best but what do you expect foe a hundred bucks.

even still a good playable guitar for someone on a shoestring budget.

Rondo has great prices on cases and pedal boards too.

Back