newbie and work with Nuendo ...is there any written standard about audio levels of tr

respina

hi everybody '
I am a newbie and work with Nuendo ...is there any written standard about audio levels of different tracks 'cause i have recorded my different tracks but i am not sure about their audio level and also I don't know the relative standards which might be available for mastering levels and how the final merged song should be like!it might be stupid question but I want to classify my oral knowledge which is mostly based on my sense .

thnx

You need to set the relative levels of each track when you're mixing, so the whole song sounds coherent, the instruments are all sitting nicely together, and nothing is overpowering anything else.

Each track output is then routed to you Master bus. The level on this should stay below 0db. If it's going above 0, you'll need to reduce the levels of the offending track(s)

When recording, it's best to record each instrument as hot as possible without clipping. This will allow you maximum control later on when mixing. It's easy to make a loud sound quieter, but not that easy to make a soft sound louder. :) And when you mix down your final signal, keep it under 0dB but also bounce that as hot as possible as well.

thnx and any source available?

thanx benny and bull but let me know if U have any preassumed relative levels for tracks which are mixing in rock style or know any sound source for reading through internet about its fundamentals which can help a beginner like me?

Back