New tune

VOXVENDOR

Finally got up and running again after computer nightmares... This mix sucks cause I can't get my waves gold working and I have no idea how to eq tracks with the stupid rtas eq that came with my pro tools le...

It's a demo....
Just wanted to share it with you.....

http://www.voxvendor.com/mymp3/Play

Thanks,

Joe

Listening on cans Joey........

nice crunch on the guit...
seems to far forward in the mix though....muffles the vox....
can't seem to make out the lyrics...

drums could come up...great performance there though...super tight...
Bass sounds awesome! Super tight! Great tone!

Good tune man...
Rock on,
pie-boy :D

Thanks Joro..

Yeah, the mix isn't very good.... There was a bunch of empty beer bottles blocking my monitors, so I could barely hear.. :rolleyes: :D

The drums are my new Ludwig Vistalites.... I'm actually pretty impressed with the way they record, considering they are all made of see-through plastic..

The vocals... Thats just cause I seem to sing with a speech imprediment..:D I get that alot. "Can't understand what your sayin in the lyrics"

But, seriously, I'm going to totally remix this when I get the waves gold bundle running again..

Thanks for the listen pie guy!

Joe

Vox,

This tune has a real Timbuck Three groove and feel to it. I like it!

The right channel jangly guitar is a bit loud in the mix and the vocals could stand a bit of a presence boost.

Some higher backing vocals from a team of hot chicks in mini skirts wouldn't hurt either!:D

Very impressive!

Cheers! :)

Vox-

i cant really offer any mix comments since im on computer speakers. I just wanted to say nice performance. It sounds like you had minimal tracks going but it stayed full sounding.
I would like to hear the vocals pick up out of the mid range. Thats my only complaint.

This mix aint bad at all i like it. Ghost got the r/guitar. Vistalites sound good. Nice bass tone and consistant. Chics or a fat organ would be cool.

I'm with Ghost and toki re: the jangly guitar.
Helluva performance though.
Drumming solid throughout.
I LIKE it.

Vox-
Cool! :cool: Drums sound really good. Bass too. Guitars are cool too. Liked all your sounds. Cool solo sound. As others said tame the right guitar. The vocals sound a little muffled compared to the rest. Is that a dynamic mic? Is there any FX on the vocal that could be causing some mud. Maybe just needs a little more high end. Just seems to lack some clarity compared to the rest.

Nice work Vox. Cool song and well done.

Nice one! You could probobly bring the bass drum down a bit, but I am on my comp speakers. Everytime theres a kick my speakers make this cool little crack sound. Cool song though., Me like :)

Excellent guitar tones Vox. Also, let me tell you how refreshing it is to hear your drums close miced! It is very refreshing. I'm guessing these are the new Sessions? They sounds really good.

Great song!

Nice job v.b.... nice job... sounds less like Sloan and more like something different this time... cool use of FX....

Tasty taquito grooves...

Voice is low in the mix...

BTW who are you? I don't believe we've met :)

Thanks for listening everyone.... I really hate this mix, especially that horrible snappy snare sound... I can't wait to get my waves plug-ins going again, I just can't figure out how to get the digidesign audiosuite plug-ins to do what I want, so I always end up with the wrong sound...

I am pretty impressed with the vistlites sounds..... although when I do a good version of the song, I will close mike all the drums... I only used 3 mikes on the drums for this recording..... 57 on snare... Apex 125 on kik and a 4033 for OH..

I also want to re-record the guitar with the Marshall JTM-60... This demo version is just a POD.....

As soon as I fix it up, I will re-post it..

Once again, thanks for listening...

Joe

Good one Joe. I really like this song. One to steel for my regular rotation mp3 player. If you don't mind.
At first I thought the guitars could do with a bit of reverb. But I kind of like the more dry aproach for this song. Nicely blended and work the song really well. Nice tight playing really goes a long way.

Waves

If you already have purchased Waves and have it registered it wouldn't hurt to download a crack of it. You wouldn't be pirating or anything. I've heard there were some issues with that because of the encryption method they use and the use of the ilok USB key.

I like the intro, it's all very clean. You could add a 'Mastering Reverb' to the final file to give it more space. Both guitars could also take on a touch more reverb or delay.

And I like a dry presentation on this board, it really gives us the opportunity to think about where things might go.

I think the guitar stereo left is panned a touch to far.

At 00:11 you 'abandon' stereo right' and this is dangerous. People on the right side of the car, the right side of the room ... you lose them. I suggest cloning the left guitar and presenting it panned hard right, with lots of reverb and delay, at 25% of the volume or so of the original track ... a 'ghost' of that track, just so there is 'something' happening stereo right.

At 00:19, I like what is happening mixwise. You could bring things in a bit closer, to 'hold' the vox a little tighter.

At 00:26, YOU are singing quite well. Don't cheat us of the vocal. It's almost easily understandable with headphones on, but there is a touch to much reverb. The vox is lost on speakers.

Don't step on your lead vocal, or you step on the whole song. You sing well enough, let us hear it. And you should know by now, I lobby for an upfront vocal ... just like the big boys sell.

TripleM is gonna like this one.

Killer drums.

You don't need much more on the vocal, and the guitars can't stand anymore compression. I would reduce the guitar on left a bit during the verse and bring it up on the break.

At 02:11 you abandon stereo right just for a few beats ... that's ok ... I think, it's effective.

Cool sound for your guitar break solo.

If you create more headroom for the lead vocal, you will be able to present the backup-harmony vocal with much more seperation. As is, there is no 'room' for the backup vocal under the lead, so you have to reduce the instruments to create headroom for the leadvox, so the harmony-backs can live under it.

If you are not confident enough of the lead vox, re-sing it a whole bunch of times ... like we ALL DO !

cool song, nice, peppy, poppy ... good feelings !

OMG good feelings !

Thanks for sharing !

First off, I'm on headphones, and I'm sorry, but I can't really help that, lol.

I'm buying a kit, then I'm going to pay somebody to play it, lol...

I like the song a ton...tough to make out a lot of the lyric, but I think it's a masking thing with the guitars...the volume of the vocals sounds right...just kinda' fuzzy, I think.

ooooooohhhh...that synthy lead thing is right out of Rik OKassick's (sp) closet, but I dig it muchly.

Mix sounds big to me, man. Nice tune...hit the ears soft, but it has an edge (an unabrasive one)....fuck, this is really good. Thanks, and good luck with it.

chris

Back