New track - Pick Up The Pieces - original

msnickybee

hi folks

I'm still learning this stuff, using Mixcraft (now version 9), struggle with singing a bit (asthma), but enjoy recording and home mixing!!!!
Trying to improve generally, and to better this mix with any advice you can give, to release this on an EP later this year.

It was a bit of a struggle, and I'm no video maker! (especially when we can't go out right now April 2020), and Shotcut is a struggle too, but fun overall!
And would love any of your questions.

many many many thanks!

YouTube

I love your key changes, and your voice. To me, the vocals are great, but I think the instruments could be a tad louder. Your voice has a natural reverb quality to it, but the instruments don't totally match to my ears. overall a great song, peaceful.

I love your key changes, and your voice. To me, the vocals are great, but I think the instruments could be a tad louder. Your voice has a natural reverb quality to it, but the instruments don't totally match to my ears. overall a great song, peaceful.
thanks for that! ah, right, I know what you mean... it's something I struggled with, as a matter of interest did you listen on speakers or headphones? stereo, or mono?
I'm certainly finding that on headphones it sounds reasonably balanced, but on mono the panned guitars & synths don't come through, so voice jumps out louder... and mono is another problem too...
thanks!

Back