New to REASON 4.0.1...please help.

futoskope

Hi all,

I just started exploring home recording with REASON 4.0.1...installed in my laptop(O.S.-Windows Vista Home basic). I do not have any audio interface right now. So after installation in the preferences I selected ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver(which has 46ms output latency). I am facing a strange kind of problem when I am playing with the REDRUM computer. At the time of playing a pattern it sometimes it is getting stopped for a while or missing a bit. I don't know why. Is it a audio card driver problem or anything else ?

Is it really necessary to have an audio interface to play with all recording software or I can go with this for the time being (I mean just for learning)?

I also went through the manuals came with REASON. Right from the beginning they have explained all the steps with reference to a MIDI/master keyboard. I do not have any midi or master keyboard. I want to record the drums pattern I am creating in the redrum computer. How Can i do that without having any midi keyboard ? Is it possible ? Please help.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

:D

Back