new song: The Cage

updated once again. threw on some new strings and re-tracked the bass so hopefully it has a bit more punch to it this time around. did a few EQ tweaks here and there and adjusted the levels on the leads a bit more. also changed the reverb to something a little smoother. buncha subtle changes, but hopefully it's starting to come together and sound decent.

latest mix is up here: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6003291&q=hi

I think I'll be a little more specific when I say "some parts" of the vocals sound weak.

The parentheses means that part of the line sounds fine.

When you say "But you (can't hide forever)",

In the end of chorus "(Unless you) break it down, and break away" -- It sounds like you're struggling to hit the notes.

All of the vocals after the acoustic part sound off-key. (Maybe it's just me?)

That's all I can really think of. I'm just trying to help, not critizing you or anything.

Great song by the way :)

I think I'll be a little more specific when I say "some parts" of the vocals sound weak.

The parentheses means that part of the line sounds fine.

When you say "But you (can't hide forever)",

In the end of chorus "(Unless you) break it down, and break away" -- It sounds like you're struggling to hit the notes.

All of the vocals after the acoustic part sound off-key. (Maybe it's just me?)

That's all I can really think of. I'm just trying to help, not critizing you or anything.

Great song by the way :)

thanks dude. yeah it was kind of a struggle to hit that stuff but i'll try and address the parts you're talking about. i know the final section of vocals is way off key, and i probably shoulda tried to track that part first cuz my voice was dead by the time i got around to recording that part. when i have some more time i'm gonna re-track the vox in question. thanks again.

OK this is gonna be pretty close to the final version. i re-tracked a couple things on the vocals hopefully they are a little less shitty. had to mess with some EQ on the vox to get everything to kinda match. funny how i record the same shit in the same room with the same mic and same preamp and yet they sounded completely different. anyway check this out:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=6003291&q=hi

once the mix is pretty tight, i'm gonna go back and finish doing the editing to get rid of any unwanted noise and stuff. this is actually my 9th version of the same damn mix, god i'm slow.

Back