New song since forever.

Marcadiablo

Still a newbie
I've been really distanced from this forum since the last couple of months, but I've been a little bit busy (thank God!). This is a ballad I did a couple of weeks ago. Its "Quedarme Con Este Sentimiento" Its not finished since its suppose to be a duet with a girl. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.box.net/shared/yyib7jae3j

Hey bud, good to see something new from you. Not bad so far. I think the kick is a little too "rock" for the song. Maybe try something with a little more thud and less slap.

Nice to read you, my brother! I think you are right about the kick. I think maybe its just that I'm not used to this genre and the majority of the kicks that I use are fairly bright. This is very experimental for me since I'm not used to utilize so many FX's and synth pads. Ill give it a try.

We have to do something soon man. I miss the collabs.

It's a pretty song. Maybe you'll think this odd, but I kept wondering what this would sound like with a cajon and djembe, or something like that (except toward the end, where the guitar solo came in - I don't think those percussion instruments would work with that part). When I'm listening, the music is like being on a tropical beach, and needs simpler percussion. It seems romantic. Is it? (lyrically speaking?) I liked the shaker - I think somewhere in the middle.
So, there's my two cents...

Yeah, Greg's right (again - him & his ears!!!), the bass drum needs to beat like a heart - the bass guitar has the right tone but might need a little lift on the high pass. The snare's a bit too far forward too.
Some interesting experiments with the synth lines.
Vox are well sat & sound very good - good enough to make me want to learn another language.
Interesting solo - nice to have a nonshred in the deck.
Well done so far - keep at it - I want to hear the results.

It's a pretty song. Maybe you'll think this odd, but I kept wondering what this would sound like with a cajon and djembe, or something like that (except toward the end, where the guitar solo came in - I don't think those percussion instruments would work with that part). When I'm listening, the music is like being on a tropical beach, and needs simpler percussion. It seems romantic. Is it? (lyrically speaking?) I liked the shaker - I think somewhere in the middle.
So, there's my two cents...
Unfortunately I dont have those instruments. But maybe it would make it too busy, I think. Yeah, its kind of a romantic (Bleh!) song. LOL. Thanks for listening. :)

Yeah, Greg's right (again - him & his ears!!!), the bass drum needs to beat like a heart - the bass guitar has the right tone but might need a little lift on the high pass. The snare's a bit too far forward too.
Some interesting experiments with the synth lines.
Vox are well sat & sound very good - good enough to make me want to learn another language.
Interesting solo - nice to have a nonshred in the deck.
Well done so far - keep at it - I want to hear the results.
Hey rayc! Nice to see you here. Yes, I'm definitely changing the kick. With the bass you mean, a higher hi-pass? The majority of the time I mix the snare a little bit too loud because when the songs go to mastering, they have the tendency to turn down the snare considerably. But hearing it again, I think its a db or so too loud. Ill back down a little. Thanks for the listening, man! :)

Hola Hermano! Fantastico!
Beautiful song, you always write such nice tunes ;):)
I like the sound of your kick, is it the same one you recorded for me? I sampled that one and have used it on my CD almost everywhere. Still using it....:D. Nice mix, good guitar work and a great voice. Would love to hear the duet. Keep us posted!

Joey :):):):)

Hola Hermano! Fantastico!
Beautiful song, you always write such nice tunes ;):)
I like the sound of your kick, is it the same one you recorded for me? I sampled that one and have used it on my CD almost everywhere. Still using it....:D. Nice mix, good guitar work and a great voice. Would love to hear the duet. Keep us posted!

Joey :):):):)
Thanks, mi hermano! No, this kick is a different one. Im glad to hear that, man. :) I'll update the mix maybe today. Take care.

Back