New Song - It's Not Over Yet

Great song! Having read the posts, it would be interesting to hear those first mixes. This one sounds great except maybe the drums could be a tad louder(?).

Mike,
Sounds like you sing with a bourbon in one hand and a cigarette in the other.
Probably close to the best recorded bass sound your mixed to date.
Is Jason's file just a stereo one? It sounds like it's in a slightly different room to the rest of the tracks. I know that is the case but you get what I mean.
Cool stuff close to the end of the mix journey.

Thanks everyone! I've been tied up at my day job for a while but hope to do another mix adjustment this weekend. As I listen on various stereos at different levels this new approach I'm trying reveals a few bandwidths that pop out so some adjustments should smooth it out. Ray: Gerry helped with an initial setup of bass/ amp/ recording channel levels this time, particularly the amp compressor and recording channel high pass crossover point relative to key. Another set of ears helps so much. The singing's rough, I know, but I try not to sing, guzzle bourbon, and smoke all at the same time (lol).

Ok, a few more adjustments: balanced drums a bit closer together, slight change to bass eq and level, slight change to guitars balancing and reverb. I think the stereo image is better now with the drums more in front of you, and the guitars have a better low resonation across the image.
It's Not Over Yet

I like this mix. Vocals stand out clearly. Guitars are sitting well. Love the bass line, level could even go higher. Good job.

Back