New project-Iceman copy

The kit I built is from Bargain Musician.com-they have an assortment of these kits available and I got free shipping.

Nice job! It's always fun to make it yourself.
They have a good selection of kits there. I like that they have set neck kits available. I know that you can't expect much in that price range, but how would you rate the quality of the components overall? Would you buy another?

Nice job! It's always fun to make it yourself.
They have a good selection of kits there. I like that they have set neck kits available. I know that you can't expect much in that price range, but how would you rate the quality of the components overall? Would you buy another?

Thanks for the nice comments, JCH. I would build another one, maybe the Explorer or the PRS style guitars. The Basswood bodies will ding as its a softer hardwood-I've built 2 of the Saga Tele kits beside the Iceman and I have to be careful. For the Iceman I used engine enamel though and it seems like it will be a durable paint to keep the guitar safe. I have a Fernandes Strat that is basswood as well and it has tones that equal my Fender Stratocaster-the Strat stays safely at home these days.

One of the only issues to solve was the fact that the nut was too high and open chords would play out of tune. I removed the nut, sanded the bottom side by maybe an 1/8th of an inch, and I didn't have to reslot the nut. Within 10 minutes it was all worked out!

And I haven't visited Bargain Musician in a while, they are stocking up on left hand guitar kits now. 2 of my older siblings are left handed and I think its great that there are more instruments dedicated to lefties.

Back