New Pickups - threw the Dimarzio Timmons set in my Strat (video content)

:lol: Thanks Lou - sorry, I didn't make it online over the weekend, and Youtube is blocked from work. I'll watch those videos tonight, however. :)

Further update on the pickups - I love how they sound, but the more I toy with them the more I think I need something with more output to balance against the AT1 in the bridge. Their sweet spot is pretty low, but because their output is about on par with a vintage singlecoil that means I have to run the bridge humbucker flat with the pickguard to get it to not produce a huge volume jump. Turns out Andy Timmons sort of intentionally does that, to get a cleaner singlecoil sound than his bridge lead sound. So, I'm going to call Dimarzio tonight and see about swapping them for something hotter - I'm thinking the Heavy Blues virtual vinitage looks about right.

That said, it's absolutely eerie just how well these do the early SRV sound.

:lol: Sorry man - it's been a pretty wild week (I was here last night, for example) and then I've been job searching like crazy lately and am currently sitting on an offer that I'm not sure if I should be taking. Long story short, I've spent all of 5 minutes in front of a computer outside of the office for the past week, and Youtube's blocked at work. :/

I'd say I'd listen tonight,b ut I'm off to CT to see my bro for his birthday right after work. :/ Maybe Saturday...

Not sure yet - I'm on the fence. It's technically an internal move to a company my employer owns, and I REALLY don't like my employer and I'm not fully convinced one of their subsidiaries would be that much of an improvement.

Take the money and the notch in the resume. Works every time. You're a kid. Eatin' shit is part of the price of the ticket. You'll get through it.

lou

Back