New monitors - need help choosing them

Vigo

So its the first time i'll get some real monitor i've been using some cheap 4'' speakers in some cheap old yamaha monitors...

So far i've got my eyes on -

Amazon.com: Presonus Eris E5 80-Watt Channel Studio Monitor: Musical Instruments

Amazon.com: BEHRINGER TRUTH B1031A: Musical Instruments

Amazon.com: BEHRINGER TRUTH B2031A: Musical Instruments

Amazon.com: KRK RP6G3-NA Rokit 6 Generation 3 Powered Studio Monitor: Musical Instruments

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...IN=B00EZ1VAMC&linkCode=as2&tag=hq-txt-kra1-20 ---- These are not the same monitors i don't know why the links are showing as the same

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...IN=B0042Z5HRK&linkCode=as2&tag=hq-txt-kra1-20 ----

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...IN=B00CFOX420&linkCode=as2&tag=hq-txt-kra1-20 ---

---------------------

That's about it, im looking for something not too expensive (about 250$ max) these would all work out with my max price but i need advice of some people that know their way around monitors. Any help would be appreciated.

An other noob question, do they pink noise all those speakers nowadays? Cause i know my bro bought some cheap headphones recently and he had to pink noise them himself for like 2 days...

Thanks.

The only ones I've tried from that list are the KRK RP6's, but the model from a couple of years ago. I would add to your list the Adam F5 monitors. Around $275 a speaker, they're a bit outside your budget, but I think the difference in quality will be worth it. Or be patient and save up for the F7's. I went from the KRK RP 6's to Adam A7X's and the difference in sound as as big as the price range. By comparison, the KRK's were dark sounding and clutter in low/low mids. If you go the KRK, just be sure to reference in as many other speakers as possible before finalizing your work.

The only ones I've tried from that list are the KRK RP6's, but the model from a couple of years ago. I would add to your list the Adam F5 monitors. Around $275 a speaker, they're a bit outside your budget, but I think the difference in quality will be worth it. Or be patient and save up for the F7's. I went from the KRK RP 6's to Adam A7X's and the difference in sound as as big as the price range. By comparison, the KRK's were dark sounding and clutter in low/low mids. If you go the KRK, just be sure to reference in as many other speakers as possible before finalizing your work.

clearly adding those to my list, thanks a lot, any other people could give me their advice?

My absolute favorites are the Yamahas. The KRKs I've heard great things about too.

I haven't HEARD the Eris monitors myself, but I've seen reviews that they're pretty alright. I'd personally go Yamaha.

well.. i tested a couple of monitors with one song saterday.

-Krk rp 5,6,8 and 10 = too much low.. mid a little bit muddy.. (the good krk is starting from the vxt 6 serie)
-JBL LSR308 and JBL LSR305 = pretty nice.. i could easily hear the punch and the vocal comming out.. great! but still not what im looking for.. not neutral enough.
-Yamaha HS5 and HS8 < man.. the HS8 is awesome.. these yamahas r clearly better than jbl and krk imo! i love he ns10 too.. a friend has them.. i want them too.
-Adam a3x (heard the a5x and a8x) before. < these monitors are for the more serious musician.. Adams just rock.. the a3x are small but good.. i was very impressed by the a5x.. i brought my own mix and listen to the a5x and a8x.. a world opened for me in what i was doing wrong with my vocals..
-Adam F7.. comparable with the yamaha and jbl. but i like the yamaha more.

im saving up for monitors aswell.. but everything under the 500 euros per pair is a waste of money imho.
if u only have 300euros per pair.. then a Dynaudio Bm5a Mk2 is rlyyyyy awesome!! a couple years ago these where like 400 euros!!

but bro.. check out the:

Genelec 8010 Bi-amp (genelec is known for his neutrall and good sound..)

Back