New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

i like all sounds and instruments markmann, from the perspective of experimental music i am at present most interested in buchlas, i have a lot of experience writing poetry, had a collection published years ago, though my attempts at writing specific lyrics which would go with music have, to date, not really yielded anything close to completion or satisfaction, so im thinking to write lyrics for others' music, and try to make my own music as instrumental only, at least for a while
Welcome john 🤗

Hi I'm Roger, a newbie but I had my BR900 for about 20 years now and love it. Still learning how to use it by going thru each page of the manual. I'm old and some of the stuff is hard for me to understand. I download backing tracks and record my lead guitar on them. Trying to get enough to make a CD.

I second that, welcome 🤗 my friend. Manuals can be quiet taxing. I’ve been reading the one for my sound canvas and feel the same.

Hi everyone! Feel free to call me Sphere! I'm a self-taught musician that's slowly trying to get back on the horse, after taking a very long hiatus from making music. Unfortunately, I've had a few bad experiences when it comes to sharing my music. So for the time being, I'm just here to make some friends and hopefully learn from you guys!

Hi Sphere. It will all come flooding back.
Thank you for replying, Raymond! :) Your absolutely right. In fact, its a little embarrassing to admit, though I am facing a few technical issues, since I don't remember how operate a DAW like I used too lol. Though, I imagine, that with the help of some of the people here, or possibly on Reddit, these issues will be resolved. Than i'll be able to go back to recording. I can't wait!

Hi Sphere. I'm sure you'll pick things up. If you did it before, you'll find that things haven't changed a whole lot. The main thing it to just have some fun making some music.

Hi Sphere. I'm sure you'll pick things up. If you did it before, you'll find that things haven't changed a whole lot. The main thing it to just have some fun making some music.
Thank you, TailsmanRich! :) Yeah having fun has always been my number one priority. Your right, the core principles of recording and multi-tracking are still the same, so that's a plus! In fact I ran a few experiments today, started messing around with Kontakt, dusted off some amps, and messed around with Ozone. Once I find a way to fix a problem I have with my Audio Interface, i'll probably jump right into it.

New to the forum? Say hello, tell us a little about your self. Meet the gang :p

Welcome to HomeRecording Forum! :guitar:
Hello and thank you.
May I introduce myself please? My name is Steve Smith .... unfortunately not the drummer from Journey 😅 My friends call me Smithers. But I am a musician... I am as old as time itself but very young at heart. I have recently retired and set up my music gear and analogue recording stuff in the small bedroom. All my guitars and keyboards and Atari computer to do the sequencing. Vinyl LP's on the turntable and cassette tapes etc. Hoping to meet like minded people here.
As Joe Walsh once said... I'm an analogue man in a digital world.... thats cool to me

Welcome Smithers!
I'm afraid I chucked all my vinyl, and adopted CDs.
It is all analogue, when it boils down to it.
Quartz crystals are mechanical analogue devices, and all digital devices are made up of analogue components.

Welcome Phil. I just looked at the LA Film School website. I see you can pay them in person, or you can pay them online.
I wonder what percentage of their customers never get a job in film or music production.
What are their degees worth?
You can get an education by just buying a DAW and using all the features in it.
If you stick around here, you will pick up useful info. I have.

Hello!

I've just registered today as, following a few difficult years, I figure I need to get a hobby to redress an increasingly problematic work/life balance issue.

Being an unimaginative sort, I've decided to revisit my younger days and so I'm attempt to learn some instruments and create a small recording set-up.

I'm hoping to read around the forums, ask questions on everything from practice routines, recording techniques and equipment requirements to VSTs and MIDI production.

Hope to learn a lot, and if I can get even one song recorded which doesn't sound like an absolute embarrassment I'd be happy [although I accept I'm going to have embarrassing attempts to get there ;-) ]

Thanks!

That's the story of my life, AuldDog.
Welcome! You've come to the right place.
Nobody is ever going to hear some of my early cringe-worthy attempts at recording songs.
But overall, all the occasional bits you get right add up, and you gradually acquire some ability, and even confidence.
You can be creative at any budet level.

Back