New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

I'm new to this site and look forward to learning. Though I've been making recordings on my computer for a number of years, I still don't know a lot about it. My biggest question right now is, having switched from Windows to a Mac, what program works as simply and effectively -- as as cheaply -- on as Mac as Total Recorder did on my PC? I'm looking for a simple program that I can use primarily to record from Internet sites. Can anyone suggest a substitute? Or if there's somewhere else I should post this question, will you let me know that? Thanks.

Hello to forum and all its members! I'm Andrew. I life in Germany. This is my first time here and also very first post:). Nice to be here, nice to visit so many posts about music and recording:)

Hi Im Lizz. I loving singing Im not too great at it but I have big dreams with it, and im just excited to meet some people who have a love fore music. :)

Hello,
my name is Girish. I've been writing and home recording for around 25 years now. I started on a Tascam Porta07. Then moved to a Fostex FD-8. Now I use Cubase on a custom built PC. Very simple set up. Soundcard is a M-Audio Fast Track Pro. I everything connects through this, guitar, bass, vocals (first into a HooterSound B1). For drums I have an electronic Yamaha kit. This runs via midi through Ezdrummer.
Take a listen to some songs recorded on Soundcloud and look for 'Fire Assassins'

Greetings and salutations freaks (and you weird non-freaks).

My sad story pix up as I get back into playing and recording music again after a 10 year Hiatus...dusted off the, uh, dust...from my guitar and forked over a couple of grand for some new (hard) gear and am now looking at software for recording. I'm not new to recording, but, as we all know, technology has CHANGED a great deal and I AM NOT AFRAID...well, maybe a lil...

Anyway, that's where you, my long lost friends come in: I have a Mackie Pro22 mixer, powered speakers (new technology) and a bad ass comp to lay some trax down. So, I still haven't figured how to record from the mixer to the computer, but, i refuse to read the manual, at least for now :eatpopcorn:

BUT, I have figured out how to get my iTunes music from my computer to the mixer and out to the SPEAKERS, lol, sounds good too

Anyway, hope to bug, er.. see you guys around and maybe you can teach me some good stuff so I can impress my dogs and cat.

Oh, I like motorcycles too and old video games like MOHAA :spank:

Peace,
.:Rix:.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Greg Savage, I'm new here, but not new to music production, sound design or anything else audio related.

I make a living placing my music in TV/Film as well as sound designing for various sound companies.

Hey,

Helping my son traverse the world of teen band recording with zero knowledge on either behalf. But you've got to start somewhere! :)

Glad to have found this forum.

New on the foruim

Hi,

My name is Kyvie, i'm from belgium.

Started recording at home after a 17 year life carreer in the punkrockscene.

After the split of the band, got myself a cubase 6 software, a tascam us 122 mkII midi port and a tascam portastudio 2488.
Since 2 year i'm trying to get something publishable out of all that, and it didn't seem that easy at all to make something sound good enough to share with a public.
In the beginning it sounded all very 'plastic' and 'boring' and 'soulless', but as I experimented a lot I start getting something acceptable that might sound groovy and funky and rocky enough.

Still, i might learn lots of things, especially when it comes to downmixing an mastering, and i hope to pick up some advise by joining this forum.

I'm not really an engineer/producer...

...but I play one on TV ;)
Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, wherever you are. Hi y'all, I'm G.J.
I'm pretty new to this town. If I was a cartoon character, I'd be Newbie Doo. :facepalm:
Used to record on 4-track cassettes as a kid (yeah, that far back, which leads me to my 1st neophyte question). I'm slowly getting back into playing again & can't afford real studio time so here I is amongst you (audio) monks. Its all on me now to catch up with technology & all its chocolatey goodness. :confused:
I'd appreciate any help that comes my way & will see to it you get the requisite karma points! Cheers! :drunk:

Hi all,
I'm Brian... singer, songwriter, and pianist/keyboard player. I've just upgrade a 25-year-old studio to a new one, and am trying desperately learn how to use it! I'm currently using Logic Pro, a Profire 610 interface, a Yamaha S80 keyboard, Yamaha studio monitors, and a Neumann TLM 102 mic on a Mac Pro. Now if I could just get a sound out of the speakers, I'd be all set. I think it's a user problem.
I'll probably get Protools very soon. Oh... I have Komplete 7 too, but it doesn't seem to want to load the instruments! ARGGH!!! SO glad I found this forum!

Hi all,
Old timer here (51) went to school for Audio Engineering over 20 yrs ago. Have not really kept up. I have done some work with my old Kurzweil PC 88 using powertracks pro audio. System not set up right now but will be getting back into it. Right now I am attempting to help my daughter with some acoustic guitar and vocal recording. Just saying hi.

Hello!! I started out about 9 years ago recording my various bands and jam sessions with a tascam 4 track cassette recorder and a shure sm58 shielded by a folded up towel on the drum side. We actually put together some decent recordings which I then 'mixed down' and 'mastered' using soundforge and acid...

I've come a long way since then, I've had the opportunity to mess around in, record in, and do some very light work in several professional recording studios. When a good friend of mine sold his studio to move out of state, I was left with a pair of no-name headphones, ableton, and my laptop. I was producing some really great sounding stuff on my headphones and basically for free since I already had ableton and my laptop!!! Then I listened to the tracks on my stereo.... and they were absolute shit!!

So here I am now, reaping both the blessings and curses of having been able to work in and with some of the great studios that I have. The good news was I knew exactly what equipment I wanted and needed and the exact setup I wanted to go for. The downside was my inherited need for the 'best' (read expensive) equipment. In the end, I have a great little home studio that I am primarily producing hip hop and experimental electronic music at this time. I'm mostly sticking to those genres right now because although I can play almost every instrument, it doesn't mean that I should... I'm no Trent Reznor.

I've been kicking around this forum for quite sometime and finally joined not too long ago. You guys are great, there is a TON of information to be learned from this site!! I look forward to all the help I am going to be able to get, and hopefully I can bring something to the table as well!

Hello,

Just found this forum. I'm an indie music producer working with groups, bands, choirs, and solo artists.

The easiest thing I've ever done: Fallen Asleep
The hardest thing I've ever done: Mixing/Mastering a live, gospel album recorded with horrible equipment.

Back