New feature at Blue Bear Sound

Cool. It took me a second to suss out how it worked, but it adds an extra pro feel to the site.

Why is the whole place blue? :D

Very, very cool. (And so are Forbidden Dream - that was a great clip :))

Actually all that blue makes it ice cool, the whole place seems to have a Scandinavian feel. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but do you ever have trouble getting inexperienced singers to warm up?

My penguins would feel at home though....

Wow! That sure was fun. I really like that feature. It's cool to see into all the corners and look at the ceiling. I really got a sense of how the place was set up. Very very cool!

I'm just getting a red X when I click the Virtual Tour link. I'm running IE6 and XP Home. I'll try it again later.

Thanks, guys... I was quite pleased when I saw the finished product.... and it was surprisingly not that expensive to do!

Tex - you need to have Java enabled for it to work... It's been tested and runs correctly on all recent versions of IE and Netscape and works fine!

Yet another thumbs up...

Indeed - top notch stuff :) I noticed in your "Recording" pictures you did drums in what appears to be the brightest room (in sound, not in lighting, although the drummer would probably have to have the best view of what he's doing :D). Do you tend to record drums in a live environment? (I'm wondering how much to deaden our very reflective room). Cheers

I love the sound of drums in that room....... check out my clip section - there's a jazz clip called Caribe that will give you a better idea of the drums in that room (although some ambience was added during mix-down, so that doesn't reflect the level of ambience in that room -- but you can certainly get a sense of the tonal characteristics!)

Indeed - sounds good :) Pity it's an MP3, but I can get the general idea of the drum tone and they are nice :D Ah well, I'm in awe man :)

konvict said:
now all you need is someone who knows what they are doing there
I see by this and your other posts that your forte is blinding ignorance..........

Take your shit and get the fuck outta here..........

idiot

:rolleyes:

bigwillz24 said:
Hopefully one day i'll have a studio as nice as that one.

Yes, me too. Very nice indeed, Blue Bear.

Wow, that’s a lot of high end gear you’ve got there. I just spent some $8000 on my meager mobile rig and don’t even have one tenth of what I really want yet. It has all been coming out of my back pocket so; it’s a slow go so far until I begin to take on clients. (Thank God for that day job.)

How long did it take you to rise to this point? Did you start from scratch with only a few hundred bucks worth of gear (like some of us slobs) or did you take on a business loan and dive in with both feet? I know your financial affairs are none of my bees wax. All I meant was, please tell us the story of how you came to be so “pro”.

Back