New demo track

This track needs work homie. Sounds like you're trying to fit too much into two bars. Slow the hell down a little cause now it's off beat and sounds like a dyslexic person reading Time magazine over a beat. Your hook is weak homie, put some more creativity into that. Practice on this a little more. Your hook is supposed to be the part of your song that people wait for. This doesn't make that happen even remotely IMO.

Also, your mix needs serious work, but this can be hard without some practice and dedication to the art (and it IS an art) of mixing. I'm not sure if you're recording your vocals at too loud of a level, not mixing it right, or boosting it too much in your mix. If you wanna give us specs of your studio (software and hardware) it might help folks here give you more solutions. Anyway, when I get around to it, I'll try to find some of the ebooks I have a hold of on how to make your mix better. It should help out a lot of cats, so don't take it personal homie.

Your flow could be deep but it just is too rushed. How many rappers have you heard spit deep shit that fast? Not many. Don't ruin the message by rushing the delivery.

Fiev

This track needs work homie. Sounds like you're trying to fit too much into two bars. Slow the hell down a little cause now it's off beat and sounds like a dyslexic person reading Time magazine over a beat. Your hook is weak homie, put some more creativity into that. Practice on this a little more. Your hook is supposed to be the part of your song that people wait for. This doesn't make that happen even remotely IMO.

Also, your mix needs serious work, but this can be hard without some practice and dedication to the art (and it IS an art) of mixing. I'm not sure if you're recording your vocals at too loud of a level, not mixing it right, or boosting it too much in your mix. If you wanna give us specs of your studio (software and hardware) it might help folks here give you more solutions. Anyway, when I get around to it, I'll try to find some of the ebooks I have a hold of on how to make your mix better. It should help out a lot of cats, so don't take it personal homie.

Your flow could be deep but it just is too rushed. How many rappers have you heard spit deep shit that fast? Not many. Don't ruin the message by rushing the delivery.

Fiev

Anybody else wanna chime in? More feed please.

It sounds like you're rapping like you don't wanna wake a baby that's sleeping next to you...you're quiet...put your heart into this. And slow down a lil bit, but you can do this.

I didn't touch on the silent sound because I thought that you did that intentionally and I've seen that from you before.

Are you living in an apartment or with your parents? If you live with your folks (and it's no big deal if you do)....are they supportive of what you do? I tried to record like that when I lived in an apartment with thin walls. It didn't work out too well, so I understand how it is.

I didn't touch on the silent sound because I thought that you did that intentionally and I've seen that from you before.

Are you living in an apartment or with your parents? If you live with your folks (and it's no big deal if you do)....are they supportive of what you do? I tried to record like that when I lived in an apartment with thin walls. It didn't work out too well, so I understand how it is.

I actually just purchased my first home. It was a foreclosure home. The window is broken and the Sheetrock is crushed in the walls. I'm working on building a new wall and adding some storm windows. The weather is crazy out here. The installation is horrid.

I actually just purchased my first home. It was a foreclosure home. The window is broken and the Sheetrock is crushed in the walls. I'm working on building a new wall and adding some storm windows. The weather is crazy out here. The installation is horrid.

Where at? Your MySpace said you're from the DF Dub area. That's where I used to be since birth.

Nice attempt!

I think there is way too much reverb.......That track is more like Spoken Word over an instr track with good lyrical content. Which is not a bad thing if that is what you were aiming for~

Back