New Demo, someone take a listen.

Sounds good.. too much mainstream stuff for me. Add something... like a cello! Then you'd rock and impress me :rolleyes:

Here's the disclaimer

This is just my opinion....Counts for what it's worth. :eek:
I downloaded the songs to hear a higher bitrate, and found them all quite enjoyable. It's very good, modern alt rock. Mixed very well, and played well.
Actually wish I could do so well. I could see this on a modern rock station, or on someones playlist. :D
Again, just my opinion, and I tend to like music that is not overdone.

Freeze Frame Image: Nice sound. Way to loud snare that ruins a good mix. Also to much bottom on the snare. Straightforward song/melody. Nothing that stands out from the crowd for me, but nothing that drags it down either. Nice vocal. And along the end, waayy to heavy gitar and drums.

Fail to learn: Same problem with the snare. Should have had more top and less bottom. IMO. Song structure/melody: cool but nothing that stands out (for me; again). The vocal is still good but way to back in the mix (or actually its the guitar that is to much in front along with the ol snare problem.

Western direction: Nice sound in the opening stages. Here comes that snare again. Listening for the break. Here it comes. I like this one better as it breaks more away from mainstream that the other two. But again the snare ruins it for me. Not bad though. Kudoz for doing something somewhat away from mainstream middle. Probably the song I like the most of these 3.

Whitch studio did this work for you?
Keep up the good work.

thanks everyone

i think any problems with specific things like the snare drum are more opinions than anything, the snare could be a little bit louder but we think it sounds like it should. there are 4 on the demo, and our most odd song is the one we couldnt upload on purevolume so we saved it for the demo. its the most origional things we've recorded but you'll have to get a copy of the demo to hear it...or if you're really interested i can put a link for it somewhere. keep em coming though.

it was all done by Clay Creek Studios in Newark, DE. Engineered and mixed by Nick Rotundo who has done work with Boy Sets Fire and Paint It Black most notably. this sounds like resume but whatever. his site is www.claycreekstudio.com

our website is www.endwave.net.

Opinions was what you were looking for right? And please don't make the snare louder. It's already much too forefront.
Keep up the goodwork.

Last edited:
Not my thing, but they sounded good. The vocal may have been a bit washed out on Freeze Frame Image, it was hard to understand what he was singing, but nice overall.

i think im more looking for opinions on the music, i think the mix is the best it can really get unless we had a week to spend on mixing. it was recorded in a small studio and for what it cost ($950) and for how much time (27 hours) it sounds incredible. a lot better than we expected or could have hoped for. the songs are kinda layered if you really listen to them and the guy did a really good job of it. but its fine whatever you wanna say about it, i understand certain people dont like the way things sound but its more specific things, the overall sound is good enough. thats what i meant by the snare drum and stuff like that are too small in this particular example. keep listening though, and thanks again.

i also just realized that purevolume decreases the bitrate of the files so you arnt getting the best quality on that site. sorry for that. im gonna move them as soon as i can.

nopoetic said:
i also just realized that purevolume decreases the bitrate of the files so you arnt getting the best quality on that site. sorry for that. im gonna move them as soon as i can.
I think you'll find that with most of the mp3 hosting sites. Soundclick does the same thing. Most of them stream at 128kbs, so even if you posted it at, say 320kps, it would still be reduced down. 128k isn't that bad, but it's not the best. At 320k, the mp3 file is almost as large as a .wav file....

Back