New, Cheap Isolation Tracking Headphones

harvey,
you are the man. 20 bucks for a pair of phones is right in my studio budget range! no more walmart headphones for me!

seriously, if these things are even remotely useful, i think this should be a sticky topic.

consider my first order on the way, with more to follow from me or others if they work out for me.

So Harvey, one question. For a solder nerd like me, how easy are the leads to get to, and to repair?

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Light said:
So Harvey, one question. For a solder nerd like me, how easy are the leads to get to, and to repair?

Light

Taking either earpiece apart to get to the driver inside (from start to finish) would take about 90 seconds, without any tools whatsoever. That's assuming you've never done it before.

With experience, figure about 20 seconds to completely dismantle one side, maybe 35 seconds total to open both sides.

Blue Bear Sound said:
Coming to Canada - I don't expect them for at least another week! ;)
I had to send them airmail, since you can't send something priority mail to Canada. Airmail in Canada seems to really suck, based on how slow the rec.audio.pro compilations get to customers in Canada.

Hope you still have some if I ever find a job again. Are you going to make it to the texas jamfest Harvey?

[b]SOME NEW CHEAP-ASS STUFF[/b]

OK, I've added some more cheap-ass stuff that people never seem to have when they need them. This time, it's low cost mic holders (for typical tapered-body mics like the Shure 57 and 58), and a spring-clip mic holder that works great for most of the other types of mics and holding homemade pop filters. They aren't the cheapy all-plastic kind either - they have molded-in 5/8" brass inserts. Radio Shack sells them for $5 each, and Musician's Friend sells them for around $4 each.

If you order these when you order headphones, it'll be $2.50 each for either type. Add 25 cents for shipping. If you've already ordered the phones, I'll still ship as many mic holders as you want (without another headphones order).

Here's what they look like:

sureclip.jpg
mic-clip.jpg

Here's where to order all this stff:

http://www.itrstudio.com/moreme.html

And this is my last commercial message (until I find more cool cheap junk that's hard to find at bottom feeder prices).

I know its been said before - but Harvey, you rock!

There was a small problem on your website, and you fixed it immediately on a Friday night. (Maybe you need more of a life? <grin>)

I'm FINALLY getting to set up my recording area, and these 'phones look like exactly what I need -- inexpensive, but usable.

Thanks!
-lee-

Harvey Gerst said:
And I managed to get it shipped priority mail this morning.
Wow, how did you do that? In CA the Post Office is closed on Sundays. You guys in TX have all the luck... CA gets ripped-off by the power companies and TX (Bush) looks the other way... but, I think Gray Davis is a moron, and that has a lot to do with it. lol. Anyway, how's your new headphone business going so far?

Back