New Age Celtic

Jesus christ that is some seriously nice singing.

This is coming from a dude that thinks norwegian blackmetalists are, though, closer to true Vikingar. But that is celtic, and pretty as hell.

I'd lower the vocals a bit, but that might lose that pretty, characteristic throat snarl in front of some vocal parts. Don't lose that.
Maybe some panning to separate the instruments, everything seems to be quite in the center?..

Jouni said:

This is coming from a dude that thinks norwegian blackmetalists are, though, closer to true Vikingar. But that is celtic, and pretty as hell.

I was thinking it was more of "Vikings coming to kick our effete Christianized asses" tune. But then I'm Irish ;) :eek:

Jouni said:

I'd lower the vocals a bit, but that might lose that pretty, characteristic throat snarl in front of some vocal parts. Don't lose that.
Maybe some panning to separate the instruments, everything seems to be quite in the center?..

Thanks for the listen Jouni. I think the singer is actually pretty damn good. But she's like everybody else I think who don't like their own voice. She's way to critical about it too. She's sending a new vocal track soon to replace this one so I'll be going through all this process again.

mshilarious said:
I was thinking it was more of "Vikings coming to kick our effete Christianized asses" tune. But then I'm Irish ;) :eek:

You're dead on. Well here...

VIKINGS

We sail long ships to new lands
through the fjord from Valhalla
Oars that crash through raging seas,
toward the midnight sun, we rise.

The winds of Thor are calling
The northern light shall guide our way
In distant lands they fear our name
A storm that rises from the waves.

On tides of war, no shelter.
We come with steel that's stained but true.
we go where other fear to go.
like ghosts from some unholy tomb.

The moon upon the waters,
casts a light into the night.
And voices whisper on the wind,
sometimes all is forgotten.

The runes of time pass slowly,
for those that want will never know.
The drums that echo from the past
lost souls we sail the night alone.

Although the lyrics are on the page where the music is. Thanks again for the help. ;)

Timothy Lawler said:
I like it. The little bird is growing on me. :cool:

Tim

Thanks again Tim. I'm afraid I just can't find it in me to take him out of there. :D

May try to find a better one though.

Back