Need short scale bass info and reccomendations

The most I've done is trying to learn how to use my digital multi-tracker, and realizing that I need more practice than what I'd realized...I was even rusty on MY OWN pieces. Otherwise, I've learned a few more tunes, and created a few more. I've either got a thick skull, or have read something wrong in the manual, but one day I'll figure out how to work my "recording toy."

Matt

I have bombed on stage. I have bombed on stage solo. I have done the solo vox/guitar thing on stage and been too drunk to remember the song.

But the most humbling experience I ever had was buying an 8 track recorder and trying to record myself. It made me want to cut my hands off.

Learning how to use the recorder and record yourself is at least as hard as learning a new instrument, in my opinion. Luckily, it takes more perseverance than talent. Stick with it long enough and you'll get it for sure.

ON TOPIC - my favorite short scale bass was the Aria model 1931.
Aria 1931

It's an EB-3 copy with some nice touches like a flame headstock. It was the second bass guitar I ever owned. I paid $150 for it back in like... 1995? I traded it for a POS Washburn 6 string electric and it was the worst instrument swap of my life. I'm eternally in the market for another Aria 1931.

Lafayette, Indiana

Let me know if you're coming to Indy. What's a good guitar store up there?

I forgot, what were you looking for? I regulary go to 2GCs here, one in Terrre Haute, and a couple of other stores here. I'll try to keep my eye out for one.

Thanks for all that posted with info.

I was able to locate and try the following: Gretsch 2202, Epiphone EBO, Cort Curbow, Squire Bronco, and an Ibanez Mikro.

I ended up with the Ibanez Mikro. It's a tiny little thing, plays like a dream and sounds great! Surprisingly good range of sound. Same standard P&J pickups as their full sized entry level basses.

It was dead quiet in the store but since bringing it home there is some buzzing. (electronics, not string buzz) So I need to isolate what is causing this in my environment, and perhaps shield the pickups, and maybe change the rather flimsy feeling pots. But it's a great value at $170. It sure sounds better than $170 to me.

So, other than ironing out the buzzing issue, I am very satisfied.

Back