Need help identifying a jack on a TEAC 3 mixing board

How about some Deoxit into the XLRs? Shouldn't that help clean up the innards of the plug?

How about some Deoxit into the XLRs? Shouldn't that help clean up the innards of the plug?
Do no harm at all friend! But, AFAIK Deoxit is not a lubricant, WD-40 is. Note! I am not saying FLOOD the fekkin' things! Just a smear on the mating surfaces is all that is needed and not just the lekkrikal bits, the shells jam as well.

Dave.

So, you can use a bit of WD40 in a case like this? Of course don't flood it--maybe a little on a rag and wipe the plug, right? I figured the Deoxit would clean the plug and jack a bit and make it work better.

So, you can use a bit of WD40 in a case like this? Of course don't flood it--maybe a little on a rag and wipe the plug, right? I figured the Deoxit would clean the plug and jack a bit and make it work better.
Yes, I would think De-Oxit is a degreaser as well as the other cleaning qualities it has and will therefore leave mating metal surfaces 'squeaky clean'? Metal to metal needs a lubricant, not much but some. You could probably use a trace of any mineral (clock?) oil or vegetable oil? We are talking about a very small trace here.

Dave.

Thanks for the help in connecting two boards. As for removing oxidation from the terminals, I used "Electrosolve Contact Cleaner" by MG Chemicals from Amazon (15.4 fl oz for$14). The stuff worked great. I sprayed the terminals outside and with a respirator, after reading the warning label. I bought some covers for the unused RCA jacks to reduce the rate of oxidation and dust deposit.

Too bad Channel Master is NLA: after trying several other products of its kind, CM was the one and only product than proved reliable as long-term protection against audio connection issues.

Back