Need exposure?

AMSProductions

I'm telling you up front, I don't know how much exposure you'll get from this idea I have, but something is better than nothing right?
Ok, so here's my plan.
I'm setting up a blog because I need to start writing again. I need a steady stream of content though, if I want anyone to read it.
Here's where you come in. You're an undergound artist or band, trying to spread your sounds across the globe. You link me on this thread to your information. I need bios, songs available for stream (i.e. soundcloud, soundclick, social media sites, etc)... any other information you feel like I could use about you. Don't worry... I'm not the kind of elitist swine who'll badmouth you on my blog. If I can help just one group get some exposure in this horrible industry then I'll feel like I've done my job.
I'll listen to your stuff and write a blog entry about it. Hopefully I can generate some serious content, this way the blog will show up on google and we can get exposure to the people who deserve it.
If there's any questions, concerns, ideas, etc, please post them here.

True story; I started up the blog and a notification window popped up. Mine is actually the 5,000,000,001st blog on the internet. I just won a million bucks. Drinks on me.

I know some artists have been able to use blogs with good results...but personally, I hate blogs... hate reading blogs.

IMO...blogs are OK for an existing group of people to carry on some joint conversation about a very common topic...but in most cases blogs turn out to be "monoblogs", with one person talking about his/her "day" (which 99-out-of-a-100 times is BORING stuff)...or you end up with lots of outsiders just posting their personal SPAM to you blog for their own benefit.
Plus...it takes a LOT of work on YOUR part to keep a blog even semi-intersting...not just having others post to it.

If you want exposure, I think it first has to come from building a following of real people/fans that have seen/heard you perform (or whatever)...and THEN you bring THEM to your blog, and hope it mushrooms from there.
Otherwise all this stuff where people think just 'cuz they posted it on the WWW everyone will flock to it....is a total misconception.

There is way too much crap on the Internet already which is why most people just randomly bounce around with maybe 1-2 "regular" spots they hang at.
Like Greg said...why is one more blog added to the 500 billion blogs going to be interesting to anyone, unless you opt for some really weird/extreme stuff, which might attract people for a bit (if the word gets out at all)...but even then, like the scene of a car accident, they will all drive on past it after they take a look.... :)

Glad you're there to shatter all my misconception, Herr Internetmeister. You don't like blogs, that's why there's 500 billion of them. And I'm definitely going to talk about my cats while I'm posting serious material about bands and artists... posting videos of them sleeping, too. l

Glad you're there to shatter all my misconception, Herr Internetmeister. You don't like blogs, that's why there's 500 billion of them. And I'm definitely going to talk about my cats while I'm posting serious material about bands and artists... posting videos of them sleeping, too. l

No ones shooting your idea down, they just have genuine questions and concerns. You really have to have a killer plan if you plan on making it on the internet. Or a huge amount of luck. Actually both, probably, I wouldn't know :D

I'm just asking....why would anyone read your blog? What do you offer the blogosphere? Music? There's tons of that already. P0rn? We got that already too. Twisted government conspiracy rants? Been there, done that. What's your angle? How are you gonna get people to your blog so they can hear my music?

Why do you care if people read his blog or not? It's no skin of your teeth either way.
The way it stands now, with 5,000,001 blogs, the only thing an aspiring blog writer can really offer is being good at writing about music, or government conspiracies, or knitting projects for cats, or mythology but with more cursing, or how much Linux sucks, or whatever. Pretty much anything you'd need to know about any topic is available everywhere on the net, but if ASMP can package that data it in a way that appeals to people, they'll read his blog.

The worst-case scenario for you would be that he post a glowing review about you and then gets caught up in some huge scandal, and you get some backlash for being an associate of his. The more probably worst-case scenario is that nobody reads his blog post but your search engine ranking goes up a tiny bit because he linked back to you.

So, ASMP, I'm happy to have you write about my band if you want.
Band name: Regdar and the Fighters
Bio, streaming audio, and links to Facebook et. all can be found there.

Thanks!

golf clubs

+

babes

=

battered babes

now thats a website

(Ive copywritten these just in case)

Kcearl is dropping gems all over this thread! If any of those blogs show up on the net, I'm so there.

Why do you care why I care?

Why do you care why I care why you care?!

Seriously though, the OP's idea isn't a bad one. I don't want him to be discouraged from following through with it just because you don't like it. I could be misreading your post; your intention may have been to actually encourage him by asking him to really think through his strategy. However, you intend to pretty vocally opposed to most online marketing strategies, so I figure it's safe to assume you're trying to discourage him.
Somebody need's to take his side.

I wasn't trying to do anything. I didn't say anything negative. I was just asking questions to remind him that he needs something to get people interested, or it's just gonna be another blog that no one reads.

I do oppose most marketing strategies because they're usually just stupid ideas. I didn't say anything like that about this one.

That's fair. I misread your intentions then.

Back