Nearly finished with my Studio!

casenpoint

Almost done. Just Need to by that one piece of equipment (Alesis HD24). Build some book cases(for sheet music). Sound treatment(inside control room).etc.,etc.,...... List too long! Must thank all of you for posting some tangible advice. Thanks.

Later, Cheers, YAHOO! Case'n'Point

Attachments

• product3.jpg
    product3.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 921

Attachments

• cntrol paint.JPG
    cntrol paint.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 257
  • #.jpg
    #.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 214
  • Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 234
  • Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 218
  • produc.JPG
    produc.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 216
the panels

pdlstl said:
What are the panels behind the drums?

Earl

The panels are actualy swinging baffels. Closed for partial isolation. And open for natural reverb and completing wave formations. The walls have insulation inside them with a single layer of canvas on the outer surface. Behind that is a single layer of 5/8 drywall. Behind that is the garage framing. Between the studs are John's manville fluffy insulation. On the exterior thier is about an inch of stucco. I Have measured db reduction. My measurement was around a 45 db cut.

I have found that many band can not hear themselves during practice due to the drums being loud. These baffles will do the trick!

If you've ever picked up the book "Small Budget Recording Studio" by Mike Shea and co-written by F. Alton Everest. The book depicts a Studio similar to this. Only the drum booth is set in the far corner in my design. I followed most of his ideas. Now look what I have a "functoinal studio". Only now I have no time to sit down and recording anything.

Looking for clients but have only started looking. Whish me luck!

Case'n'Point

update

This is what the studio looks like now. Will have a band in next weekend to record. I have not been logged on for quite some time and its nice to see we are still up and running

Attachments

• 000_0874-2.JPG
    000_0874-2.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 000_0867-2.JPG
    000_0867-2.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 000_0861-1.JPG
    000_0861-1.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 000_0869-1.JPG
    000_0869-1.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 130
Much Love

That's my pop in the studio jamin... Probably some old stuff that I wouldn't even know. Although he is the one who supported me when I built it. I still gotta give props to my friends a the BBS. Thanks you *"~in Homies

Back