Name that tune

First picture: the guy is "staring"

Second picture: Lady Justice is holding a scale - "weigh"

Third picture: Those guys are "heaving"

Fourth picture: is Vincent "Van" Gogh

"Stare" "Weigh" to "Heave" "Van" = Stairway To Heaven

That was a clever one.:thumbs up:
I still say it is "I am the Walrus"

Could be a Cars tune and there are two that come to mind. It could relate to a bull or the zodiac, just fishing here and I ain't caught a damn fish all day.

First picture: the guy is "staring"

Second picture: Lady Justice is holding a scale - "weigh"

Third picture: Those guys are "heaving"

Fourth picture: is Vincent "Van" Gogh

"Stare" "Weigh" to "Heave" "Van" = Stairway To Heaven

That was a clever one
Very good work 8-) Worthy of Philo Vance, a la The Kennel Murder Case (on TV tomorrow, BTW).

I didn't want this to drag out too long. D'yall think I should keep giving clues until someone posts the answer? It's kind of a fuzzy area.

I did think the last pic, "Van Gogh", might be an instant give-away with the added Led Zeppelin clue. What Led Zep song ends with "Van" or something similar. Taurus referred to the Spirit song which was at the root of the recent lawsuit accusing Page of ripping off the intro and using it for Stairway To Heaven's theme. The next clue would have been a dead giveaway as it wasn't to be vague at all : "Led Zeppelin's most famous song".

Very good work 8-) Worthy of Philo Vance, a la The Kennel Murder Case (on TV tomorrow, BTW).

I didn't want this to drag out too long. D'yall think I should keep giving clues until someone posts the answer? It's kind of a fuzzy area.

I did think the last pic, "Van Gogh", might be an instant give-away with the added Led Zeppelin clue. What Led Zep song ends with "Van" or something similar. Taurus referred to the Spirit song which was at the root of the recent lawsuit accusing Page of ripping off the intro and using it for Stairway To Heaven's theme. The next clue would have been a dead giveaway as it wasn't to be vague at all : "Led Zeppelin's most famous song".
You gave Taurus away before anyone had a chance?

My opinion is that you should not say anything no matter what for roughly 2 days. At that point if there are requests for clues - you should dole out only the most obscure clues that you can muster - perhaps, incrementally, progressing towards "giveaway" clues.

These puzzles are fun!

Yes I been fooling around. I have been waiting for someone to tell me "I am the Walrus" is the Beatles so I could use the line ala "Earth Girls are Easy", "that's the Beatles"!
You know where she relates that Tina Turners hair is a wig and her cohort says, "thats a wig". Well, I guess folks here were just to smart to take the bait, but then again I am not the worlds greatest fisherman or troll. I am working on it though. I was fooling around but I was also trying to come up with the answer and failed.

My opinion is that you should not say anything no matter what for roughly 2 days. At that point if there are requests for clues - you should dole out only the most obscure clues that you can muster - perhaps, incrementally, progressing towards "giveaway" clues.

These puzzles are fun!
We'll give this a go next round. Fine tuning...

I am not exactly sure how we are supposed to be making the connection. I see how it was done with Stairway, but that had pics. We played a prom in the early eighties and that was their theme. We had to play that damn song four times! I have learned over the years to just change the station when it comes on, just about like every other overplayed song such as Hotel California.

I am not exactly sure how we are supposed to be making the connection. I see how it was done with Stairway, but that had pics. ...
I put up pics for all these. I'm not sure what you mean there..

There's no set formula. The pics should make you think of something which sounds close to or exactly like a whole word or just one syllable. Sometimes the image shows it exactly, sometimes it may only refer to it, such as a previous puzzle showing someone standing near a coastline being blown by a strong wind representing "The Wind" in The Wind Cries Mary.

Anyone else get this one yet?

I haven't had much time to spend on it. Headed up the coast of Maine for 10 days this next week - so I'll work on it then unless someone spills the beans sooner.

Back