2x4 Wood Frame
4" Ultratouch in between pressed board.
Auralex tiles.
Door hinges to connect a pair of walls together
Moving blanket above

Seems to work pretty well.
What's the point of the pressed board?

I think (if it were me)
I would have put all the mass of wood on one side, left the ultrabond pressed between the studs and then covered the ultrabond side with some fabric.
It would have made it a lot more absorbant.

If you were going for the dry sound that is.

I think (if it were me)
I would have put all the mass of wood on one side, left the ultrabond pressed between the studs and then covered the ultrabond side with some fabric.

Me too, or just no mass anywhere. The mass wouldn't really help much anyway.

I think (if it were me)

That's probably what I should have done...I originally had no board on one side, but the ultrabond kept falling out. maybe I could've used strips of wood or the cotton that you were talking about. Too bad I might have to sell these things soon...

Thanks for the comments and suggestions!

Well...looks like my landlord is raising my rent by 70%, so I gotta move out. Either I sell all this or take it apart and store it until I can find a place again.

It was fun while it lasted.

landlord is raising my rent by 70%
:eek::mad:Sounds like he didn't like your sounds.:p No matter...any landlord that raises rent by that much is an asshole. That is unless your rent was really low to begin with. I have a friend who has rented the same place since 1971. His landlord is a little old lady who took a like to him then. His rent is STILL $225 for a nice little 2 bedroom house!!:eek: At todays prices she could get $1500 easy in Sacramento CA.

:eek::mad:Sounds like he didn't like your sounds.:p No matter...any landlord that raises rent by that much is an asshole. That is unless your rent was really low to begin with. I have a friend who has rented the same place since 1971. His landlord is a little old lady who took a like to him then. His rent is STILL $225 for a nice little 2 bedroom house!!:eek: At todays prices she could get $1500 easy in Sacramento CA.

Yeah...messy situation...but what can ya do?

...hey...my parents live near Sacramento!

$1500 gets you a 600 sq. ft. batch in Vancouver!!!!:eek:

Back