My "redone" Down in a hole" cover.

Rokket said:
I was wondering who had ressurected this thread? Silver, it sounded good on my pc speakers. I will give you another listen on my monitors later on if you haven't put this to bed yet..

LOL, thanks. Try this one too. I added vocals on someone else's instrument track.

SilverSurfer said:
LOL, thanks. Try this one too. I added vocals on someone else's instrument track.

Not bad at all. I wish I could sing. I need vocal lessons and some ear training. I will get there.

Nice vocals dude!!! Teach me to sound half that good, and you'd be rich. I liked the "Down in the hole" song also. Nice job.
Ed

Sounds awesome. harmonies are dead on. You've got a great voice.
A little too much chorus on the guitars maybe.
You missed some guitar fillings during the "down in a hole, feeling so small.." parts but now I'm nitpicking.
Any chance of you recording some vocals for 'them bones'? The music is ready but it's just too hard for me to sing. Check it out here: www.koenvandamme.tk

Laynestaley said:
You missed some guitar fillings during the "down in a hole, feeling so small.." parts but now I'm nitpicking.
Any chance of you recording some vocals for 'them bones'? The music is ready but it's just too hard for me to sing. Check it out here: www.koenvandamme.tk

Hey Layne, nice work on your songs. Especially I Am The Highway. That's impressive.
Ed

Laynestaley said:

Thanks. Yes, I also forgot to mix in the second acoustic guitar on the intro. I can fix those later.

Yes, I'll download it and see if I can mix it in tonight.

Dogman said:
Nice vocals dude!!! Teach me to sound half that good, and you'd be rich. I liked the "Down in the hole" song also. Nice job.
Ed

Thanks. I'm gonna try "Them Bones" tonight as well.

I wonder if he'll let me slap my work on "Would?!" That's one of my favorite songs ever.

SilverSurfer said:
Yes, I'll download it and see if I can mix it in tonight.

I'll send you you a wav. of the song without my vocals on it. I'd like you to do the Layne part only and I'd like to mix it in if that's ok. I'll also send you the drums for 'Would?' or would you rather have the instruments too?
Check your email; I send you an invite to open a Gmail account. I think that'll be easier to communicate.

Thanks Dogman.

Laynestaley said:
I'll send you you a wav. of the song without my vocals on it. I'd like you to do the Layne part only and I'd like to mix it in if that's ok. I'll also send you the drums for 'Would?' or would you rather have the instruments too?

For now, drums are fine as I'd like to try my hand on on the instruments. That's be great.

You want me to sing just Layne's part?

Check your email; I send you an invite to open a Gmail account. I think that'll be easier to communicate.

I didn't get anything in my email. Did you email it to brian at brianspad dot com?

Back