My New Room

vestast

Gassy Member
Hey everyone.

I think I'm finally, almost, mostly done with my new room. :)

Thought I'd post some pics of my new desk, floor and wall treatments

The first is a pic of my new desk. It's a Middle Atlantic. I laughed a bit when I got it because it's almost 4" lower to the ground than my old desk. I almost feel like I'm sitting on the ground. The good or bad news is that I have 24 rack spaces to fill now.. ;) You can see at the front wall has some Primacoustic treatment. In the corners (a little harder to see) are some fibreglass panels covered in fabric.

Second pick is the back of the room. A little easier to see the panels in the corners there.

Third pick is my wall of guitars and the laptop that I'm typing this on.

I'm pretty happy with how the room sounds and feels. It's comfy. All I need is a portable kitchen and I'm set! :)

Attachments

• Desk2.jpg
    Desk2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Couch.jpg
    Couch.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 164
  • guitars&laptop.jpg
    guitars&laptop.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 166
Real nice!
How are the corners treated? I was thinking of doing some acoustic treatment to my garage/studio but with the limited space I would hate to give up the corners. At some point I will have to decide which is more important, space or good sound. For finacial reasons I would most likely do it in stages. What would you consider first, bass traps or foam?

No Lava Lamp???? This critical oversight must be corrected ASAP if you want to have a credible establishment. Otherwise it looks pretty choice. :D

Track Rat said:
No Lava Lamp???? This critical oversight must be corrected ASAP if you want to have a credible establishment. Otherwise it looks pretty choice. :D

OK, so I don't have all that fancy room treatment stuff and the two vga set up or the two sets of monitors and the fancy shmancy couch but at least I have a lava lamp. :D

Ahhh.. But there are two there. It's just hard to see.

Here's a couple of pics of them. In one there's also my super cool Spiderman bubblegum machine! :D

Thanks guys !

Attachments

• Lamp1.jpg
    Lamp1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Lamp2.jpg
    Lamp2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 56
EdWonbass said:
Real nice!
How are the corners treated? I was thinking of doing some acoustic treatment to my garage/studio but with the limited space I would hate to give up the corners. At some point I will have to decide which is more important, space or good sound. For finacial reasons I would most likely do it in stages. What would you consider first, bass traps or foam?

Originally I had just some foam bass traps. After a while I realized it just wasn't enough for this room so I bought some Ottawa Fibre equivalent to OC and covered them in fabric. That are basically stacked ontop of each other in the corners in front of the old foam bass traps. I'm using sticky Velcro to keep them from coming off the walls.

I also have a couple of panels hanging from the ceiling at the mix position. They are framed in 1 by 4's.

vestast said:

Here's a couple of pics of them. In one there's also my super cool Spiderman bubblegum machine! :D

Thanks guys !

I feel like such a fool. Once again you have one up'ed me as I only have one lava lamp and to tell you the truth it's not really lava it's some kind of crazy looking energy light electronic thingy. I'm currently gassing for a new lava lamp. :D

vestast said:

Thanks guys !
Ahh! I stand corrected. Pass in peace. :D

Back