My first Metal ballad..

Really nice song. The absence of bass guitar or bass synth sounds is unfortunate. Maybe you could try to put some bass synth grooves on the daw if you don't have a bass guitar.

Where's the bass?!??!?!?

I thought most of the toms on the right were too loud and boomy. I'm listening on ear buds though...however, that probably means even more since they aren't good at picking that up to begin with. I thought the vocals were the best sounding part of the track. Very good lead vocals. What mic is that?

It's a promising start. The melody is engaging. You could use some kind of chorus. More generally, the song structure needs to be developed. Work on your timing. Your notes are arriving ahead of the beat, behind the beat, and everywhere in-between. Sorry, that guitar tone is pretty awful.

Last edited:
Where's the bass?!??!?!?

I thought most of the toms on the right were too loud and boomy. I'm listening on ear buds though...however, that probably means even more since they aren't good at picking that up to begin with. I thought the vocals were the best sounding part of the track. Very good lead vocals. What mic is that?

Audio-Technica AT2020-USB. The boomy toms are what I like most about the drums! It's not meant as a song you can fall asleep to, it's meant to blow your face off :D

Work on your timing.

The song was created by importing a finished guitar track into LMMS and then laying a drum track over it, it's never going to be 100% tight when you do it like that I think. But I'm pretty satisfied, I'm not hearing the timing problems you mention. Maybe I'm the problem :D Anyway, I don't take the quality of the music that seriously, I just like to have fun with it. I don't wanna spend a thousand hours on the same track.

Back