My 1st Mix

DJNV

hey guys this is my first mix and i would appreciate all your input...thanks cant wait to hear from you guys

Attachments

• Rock Mix.mp3
    5.5 MB · Views: 21
Hey DJ,
Pull up a chair & listen to a few tracks, offer some comments, some praise, some recommendations some perspective and then people will have a chance to become acquainted with you. They may then be glad to listen & offer suggestions.
I'll take a punt on the assumption that you'll PARTICIPATE.
No bottom end.
Too much in the jacked up high area.
There isn't too much difference between the "radio" intro & the rest of the song except volume.
It's agood performance & song but you've got to mix without headphones.
There's only a hint of bass guitar - some definition in the high mids to suggest it's there at all.
The bass drum is present but in a small way & with no power.
This song - with its Sabbath style riff & roll - needs to hit the chest with some power.
From 4.28 on there's heaps of clipping/distortion/excess volume - you had the song too hot through the body 7 left no room for the vroom to the end.
You should credit the performer, composer, producer as well as offering the title. Provinence is everything.

Metal fun, I am a sucker for it... and this isn't bad. It would be fantastic if this was the 70's. These days metal tends to be "in the mix" with counterpoint guitars dueling for various pans and positions in the stereo space (more chunk and less tapping lead). I love the vocal, but the style is a bit dated.

Thanks for the input rayc I'm new to the forum and mixing in general. I'm defienetly gamma re-do the song and add it to the thread with your suggestions and also I'm going to participate in giving others advice to but since I'm new to mixing I think they won't be able to get much from my opinion

definately has a Painkiller era Judas Priest feeling to it - and that's GOOD!

I love the riffs and the solos - the solos are a bit too loud in the mix but the whole performance is excellent

Back