MXL v67m & v67G

Fangar

Hey Guys,

I know that we have all been talking about the MXL v67 lately. I am getting ready to buy myself one as well but noticed that there are a few subtle differences in the specs listed between the v67m (Offered by Mars) and the v67g. The prices are the same at Mars and 8th street with shockmount and applicable shipping. I pasted the specs side by side in the attachment below. Anyone heard any differences between the two. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Fangar

Attachments

• v67specs.jpg
    v67specs.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 257
i havent heard the Mars version but i would definitely buy the v67g before the v67m just because of the fact of Mars return policy.......

That's a good point gidge. I kinda like the black one better, but I know that most of the fellas here have the g. Hmmmmm...

Fangar

Fangar--I think your V67G specs are wrong. According to my MXL brochure, the V67 and V67G are exactly the same. The V67g has no bass rolloff or -10db pad either. The specs you posted for the V67G are an exact match for the 2003/ V93 and not the V67G. I don't know where you got those specs, but I'd look elsewhere because I think somebody has made a mistake. Thought you'd like to know.

Crawdad,

Thanks for the info. I thought that maybe something was up. I got the v67m specs from Mars and the v67g from 8th Street. Thanks,

Fangar

I agree...buy the V69G from 8thstreet. I bought one about two weeks ago for $169 (I called and asked them to match Mars' price) with shockmount. I recieved it and it crackled and cut out. A few days later I called 8thStreet and told thm what was going on and the guy said he is shipping another one out and to give the defective one to the UPS guy when I get the new one. I think that is pretty cool. I can't say that Mars would have been so forgiving. I personally like the green and gold look better anyway.

Beezoboy

have you had any problems with the return policy @ mars?
i haven't bought any mics from them in a long time. I did buy my dbx 386 about a month ago from them for a steal! $275.00
brand new, box, manual.

I've bought two mics recently from Mars--a V-93 and a V-67. I have a friend who works there and gives me an extra 10% off, so the price was right. He mentioned that there is a no return policy on microphones and I asked him:

'What if it doesn't work when I get it home?"

He said, "Well, just bring it back if its broken!"

So, I assume the policy is that you can't just return a mic if you don't like it, but if its a question of a bad quality unit, you can take it back. After all, these products do have warranties that the manufacturer and their retailers should honor. I think the policy is like the one for harmonicas. You can't take a mic or a harp back after its been on contact with somebody's mouth! I imagine there are hygine laws or something. So mars may be OK to deal with, but ask up front what you do with a non functioning mic.

By the way, I LOVE (yes, Im shouting!) my V67. It sounds so good on vocals, even through a cheap pre-amp, that I am very impressed. Almost like I'm recording through a bunch of high end gear. Yes, the green and gold does look cool, but I also dig the black. For $124 out the door, I am one happy camper with the Mars version.

No, I didn't get the shockmount. For now, I can use my V93 shockmount with the mic, but eventually I will probably get a separate mount for the V67.

Hey, whatever you buy--the 67G or the Mars version, you are gonna love this mic!

"Mars return policy on mics - You Can't......"

Not so my friend. I bought a Behringer B-2 from my local Mars when it first came out. I took it home and tested it out for about 2 weeks with a few of the microphones that I own and came to the conclusion that it would not work well for what i needed it for. It sounded like crapola compared to the nt2. SO, I got my receipt and took it back to the store. No problem on returning it. They told me I had "30 days with original box and receipt." My buddy that works in the pro audio department is the top seller of pro audio gear in the whole Mars chain, and he wan't there the day i made the return. Maybe the Mars stores in my area (3) have different policy's than where you are...

I'd like it duly noted in this community that sales weasels in both the Dallas and Arlington stores confirmed Mars "No Returns" policy on mics. Once it's out the door, it's yours to keep, effectively. Hell, you should have seen the look of raw terror in the rookie weasel's eyes when I insisted that if that was the case, I at least needed proof that the mic in the box would pass a signal before I would pull out my wallet. He had to get management approval to hook it up and hold it facing the TV screen while I listened on headphones. Now, if some airborne miasma of human spittle had floated into contact with the capsule during that test....
-kent

http://www.marsmusic.com/store/help/help_returns.jhtml

"Some items are not returnable. Non-Returnable items are flagged on the product page (found under Additional Information as "non-returnable.")

Non-Returnable Items Include
Books and Sheet Music
Microphones
Turntables
Reeds

Mouthpieces

Kazoos

Harmonicas

Didgeridoos

Pan Flutes

Recorders

Whistles
Fender®/Billboard Award Guitars
Gift Wrap
Product in our Scratch n' Dent Department "

That is wild....
I know that GC has a sucky policy like that.
maybe you guys should come to Atlanta to buy your gear.
Maybe the customer service representatives at my mars just dont give a rat's butt. I have never ever had a problem returning anything that i bought there. granted, I haven't purchased a microphone from them since the behringer came out, and maybe the policy has changed, but i got my $200.00 plus tax back.

-daniel

Back