Music video credits question

Big Thier

Hi,

I'm trying to write the credits to my first music video. I am the artist. The scenes/ideas were all mine. Does that make me the music video director, or would that be the person who filmed it? Or both?

I was thinking of writing it like this:
Directed by:
Filmed by:
Edited by:

Please advise.

Thanks!!

Ask your filmographer how they want to be credited, I suppose. Do they feel like they were just running the camera? Or were they making artistic decisions about the shots, action, etc?
I assume they're a different person from your editor?

Ask your filmographer how they want to be credited, I suppose. Do they feel like they were just running the camera? Or were they making artistic decisions about the shots, action, etc?
I assume they're a different person from your editor?
Honestly, I don't remember the filmographer making artistic decisions. He was doing the filming, adjusting the lighting, etc. And yes, it will be edited by a different person.

However - it's cringeworthy to have your name against everything, so I'd go with produced by - or a Rob Aylestone Production and call it quits. Frankly though, the audience don't care a damn who worked on it, so while if somebody assisted it's a courtesy to give them a name check, not everyone wants it. Me and my team all got listed in a video recently, and one was quite indignant he'd not been asked, because he did NOT want featuring in it.

Back