MUSIC BLOWOUT EXTRAVAGANZA...NUDE GIRLS INSIDE L@@K...FREE BEER...10 BIG SCREEN TVs!

WinstonCowboy

*ole bait and switch*

Okay...now that I have your attention...go ahead and read this:

I am desperately trying to put together a rig for a laptop that will be halfway decent and reliable.

I am through going with the fucking all-in-one A/D boxes....and besides I have a budget...so anyway...here is my setup:

P4 1.7mhz
640mb Crucial RAM
40GB HD
Windows XP Home
Sonar v2.2
M-Audio Studiophile Monitors
Shure Mics
Mogami Cables

Here is a basic setup I am looking at:

Sound Card

Mixer

This is how I use to record on my desktop...mixer to line-in. I am looking to record a max of 2 stereo tracks at once...which this mixer can handle. Does anyone object to this getup? Yay or Nay?

I need some answers soon...because I am thinking of ordering this tomorrow.

Thanks Guys.

Last edited:
ok fucking asshole... :rolleyes:

Im assuming this is a laptop ?
If so the PCMIA card your looking at should be fine although I recommend something from RME.
The mixer is small but will work fine and Mackies are excellent gear.

My best advice is spring for the M-Audio SBX subwoofer to go with those 2 Studiofiles. Your mixes will be vastly better. They are pretty good monitors, but weak on bass. They were meant to work with that subwoofer.-Richie

Richard Monroe said:
My best advice is spring for the M-Audio SBX subwoofer to go with those 2 Studiofiles. Your mixes will be vastly better. They are pretty good monitors, but weak on bass. They were meant to work with that subwoofer.-Richie

i agree. but the sbx subwoofer costs $400!

-shami

OK...question about routing? Does it make much difference how you run a Sound Card back into a mixer for monitoring?

Aux Return
Stereo Channel
Tape In etc.

Will running the stereo outs on this Indigo to each of these give me the same results? I need to know...so that I can order the right kind of cable and adapter. I am leaning towards a 1/8" to L/R 1/4" cable to run into a stereo channel on the mixer. Would this create any loops?

Thanks.

You will only get a loop if you record from the main outs. As long as you use a direct out or an aux send as your record out you can return back into any of the mixer inputs.

Hey Ocnor,

Thanks for writing. So it might go something like this:

Mackie Aux Send 1/2 > Indigo Line-in > Indigo Stereo Out > Mackie Stereo Aux Return > Mackie Main XLR Outs > M-Audio Studiophiles

Does that look right? There are links to this hardware above. And...are these too cheap to use:

Y-Cable

I've heard they are kind of shotty, but they would be perfect for my situation.

Grazie.

Back