Multi-track Unit for under $200ish?

Hoodoomoo

I've recently been getting more into recording, and I've been doing single tracks at a time, and have been mixing all of my drum mics down int one track, which as you know, isn't the best thing in the world. My results are ok, but I want to get a mutltrack unti mainly for drums (but other things as well). Therefore, I was wondering which one to get? I have about $200 to spend, and mainly want enough outputs for drums (4+ at least, but more would be nice). Also I'd like a USB one that would work with Cubase. I have been looking at the Tascam US-800

http://www.amazon.com/Tascam-US-800-Input-Computer-Interface/dp/B0034O4I20

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Jordan

You came to the right place for advice. What you need though, is 'inputs'. Outputs come from the computer. Inputs of an interface give you tracks.

Better jump on the US800 if you want the bargain. I'm surprised there are any left. US1800 would be an upgrade from it, but you cant beat the price of a discontinued interface that actually works. I tested the US800 unit HERE.

Last edited:
You came to the right place for advice. What you need though, is 'inputs'. Outputs come from the computer. Inputs of an interface give you tracks.

Better jump on the US800 if you want the bargain. I'm surprised there are any left. US1800 would be an upgrade from it, but you cant beat the price of a discontinued interface that actually works. I tested the US800 unit HERE.

404 not found Jimmy..... 404 NOT FOUND!!!! :cursing::cursing::cursing:

Back