Multi effects spdif vs line input recording

AxeFxgig

Hi, I have a Axe Fx 2 and presonus 1818vsl. Both of them have spdif in and out, so what is better for recording guitars, line inputs or spdif input?

Thanks

SPIDF if for digital signals.

Line is for analog signals.

Are you asking how best to connect the FX2 and Presonus...?

Since the FX2 is already converting your guitar signal to digital...might as well stay digital.

Umm..
I have 2 options to connect fx2 to presonus but someone told me spdif connect to interface is better than front line input.

So I'm curious about fx2 convert analog to digtal and presonus do same thing for my pc, so witch way is better for connect the fx2.

Sorry for my bad English. Hope u can understand.

Thanks!

If you connect FX2 to line input then the signal goes from analog to digital to analog (in the FX2), then analog to digital (in the Presonus).

If you connect FX2 to SPDIF the the signal goes from analog to digital (in the FX2), then digital into the Presonus. Fewer analog/digital conversions is better so SPDIF is better.

I agree with the above - multiple conversions would be pretty pointless in this instance.

However, digital cables tend to be much more fragile than analogue cables and decent quality S/PDIF cables can be pretty costly. Cheap digital cables can often bring annoying data glitches into the system too, which can be pretty time consuming!

If you do own good quality S/PDIF leads though, go with this option and simply make sure your sample rates are matched :)

You will.also have to run the session in your daw at the same.sample rate that you are running the axefx. If the axefx is running 48k, the daw has to run 48k.

Back