Mulitrack Recorder Needed

Jerad

I'm returning the Tascam DP008ex multitrack recorder and I'd like some direction on what I should get. I just need something that I can record at least 2 tracks simultaneously, reverb, a few extra tracks for over dubs/ layering (6 or 8 tracks would be great, 4 would be acceptable), 1/4" and xlr inputs, low noise, records directly to an SD card, LESS than $300, and most importantly, not made by Tascam.

The Tascam has a terrible design where you record to the device, then you have to transfer to the SD card. It takes forever. It's also very noisy. Unless I wanted incredibly low volumes, I could expect it to sound like a beehive in a snake pit. It was enraging.

I just want something simple to record a few tracks and have it be as low noise as possible. I'm not having any luck finding things on the internet on my own, so would anyone of you have some ideas? I prefer to buy from an actual store rather than Ebay. Something that records a single track is esentially useless to me, and that's all I have right now. I have an extrmely tight budget and even $300 is pressing, so the lower priced ones are in my wheelhouse. Thanks for the help.

I've got a Tascam 8 track and it's as quiet as can be, are you sure the noise is coming from the recorder?

It has to be an all-in-one box - portable?
How about Reaper and a four in sound card?

.. and there's that Zoom R16' thingy.

Back