MR8-->computer question

nicarp

Hi,

Can someone give me, or point me to, a step-through on getting files from my MR8 to my computer via a USB?

What software do I need on my computer? Do I mix down directly to the computer, or do I dump individual tracks and then mix down on the computer itself, or do I mix down to stereo on the MR8 and then dump it into my computer? If the latter, again, what software do I need?

I'm kind of an idiot--just looking for the easiest way to get songs on to my computer. Thanks!

Nic
Iowa City

Hi,

Can someone give me, or point me to, a step-through on getting files from my MR8 to my computer via a USB?

What software do I need on my computer? Do I mix down directly to the computer, or do I dump individual tracks and then mix down on the computer itself, or do I mix down to stereo on the MR8 and then dump it into my computer? If the latter, again, what software do I need?

I'm kind of an idiot--just looking for the easiest way to get songs on to my computer. Thanks!

Nic
Iowa City

You need to use the Wave Manager software from Fostex. Be sure to get the latest version from their website. Get it from the MR8 HD page at the ?Fostex site.

- Ray

You don't need shit...

Unless you are running an apple II gs or something equally antiquated. What I find works best is this...

I turn the MR-8 on, set it to USB mode, and then plug the usb cable into the usb in on the computer. After a second it views the MR-8 as a removable hard drive. Then I drag the entire folder onto the desktop, and copy everything to mix in garage band or cubase or whatever the fuck else...

I find it works best without doing any punch-ins punch-outs, which means you should start recording everything from 0, this way when you drag the trax into garage band they all sync up nice. You can airbrush any background noise, guitar buzz, garbage trucks running over homeless people, aimless farting, etc. pretty easy after that.

Voila.

Unless you are running an apple II gs or something equally antiquated. What I find works best is this...

I turn the MR-8 on, set it to USB mode, and then plug the usb cable into the usb in on the computer. After a second it views the MR-8 as a removable hard drive. Then I drag the entire folder onto the desktop, and copy everything to mix in garage band or cubase or whatever the fuck else...

I find it works best without doing any punch-ins punch-outs, which means you should start recording everything from 0, this way when you drag the trax into garage band they all sync up nice. You can airbrush any background noise, guitar buzz, garbage trucks running over homeless people, aimless farting, etc. pretty easy after that.

Voila.
But garbage trucks running over homeless people and aimless farting are the best part of my music...:(

gracias

Voila.

Thanks much, Starbuck. I find that with a bit of delay, the farting doesn't seem so aimless. in fact, I'm a pretty good aim when I fart.

Voila.

Starbuck, or anyone else), how do I know which track is which? When I open the folder from the MR8, they're all just labeled "mr80023" "mr80024" "mr80031" etc. Any ideas?

Nic

Back