MR-8 and CF upgrade cards - User Experiences

I just pulled a card 2gigs from a camera. I'll be testing it out on the original old mr8 soon. Anyone remember these old days? This was some thread, wow.

Time warp i know but how did you make out with the 2 gig card? I just got a sandisk 2 gig that was on the list, on to testing now. Has seven yers gone by since we got these? Holy crap, tempis fugit. Still one of the better purchases that i still use as a late night notepad.

Long live the MR8!!!!!!

Bounced tracks with no issues. Getting back into this lately, what kind of software are you using? I'm running XP on a frankenbuild, plenty of speed and memory. Had a version of cakewalk a while back and gave up after a month of trying to learn how to use it. Looking for something an analog guy can learn to use quickly.

decided to try this old box for mixdown, pseudomastering, going thru a couple of amps or compressor and cranking up the levels, i guess a comp wud be useful there, maybe that "pro" vla, I have no idea what card is in this box currently, but it won't matter since im not bouncing.

do they even sell these cards any more?

yes i know old thread...

These cards all work. I'm not sure how many of them are still available though.

SanDisk 1.0GB
SanDisk Ultra 2GB 15MB/s
SanDisk Ultra 4GB 30MB/s
PNY Optima 1GB CF01GAF09110

cassette prices

Speaking of cassette, have you bought any lately? The Maxell XL type II's have gotten pricey as hell, I still use my Tascam 246 for recording band practice and some of the idiots on ebay are asking crazy money for tape. Found some "deals" on there but add shipping on top and it's about five clams a tape now. Wish I'd bought a truck full of it when everyone went digital!

Speaking of cassette, have you bought any lately?

I just bought two 5-packs of TDK SA 90 for US $31 and change on Amazon. I posted the link in the Analog Only forum today. I'm stocking up because I'm buying a 424 from an HR member. :cool:

I also have twelve sealed Maxell XL II 90s stashed. They were pricey. :eek:

Then there are thirteen some odd used 3" reels of 1/4" tape for my 1964 Juliette spycorder. :cool:

Back