MR-8 and CF upgrade cards - User Experiences

i would like to see units recording or at least backing up onto usb pen drives - or any usb memory that could just be seen as a drive - it'd be cool to have a usb multi slot reader and backup to any old flash mem chip you have hanging around

Rokket said:
Not since they released the HD... :rolleyes:
i was in guitar center and saw in person, the little late model mr8's the one w/ 2 xlr's and the one w/4. but the menu and the crap master buttons and the crap mic fake buttons were still there...oh well...

guess what, the original fostex mr8 lives! and i just got a 1 gig cf card for $10 at microcenter. *but* i didn't try it out yet...news at 11

I just slapped a 2gig card into my mkII (Transcend 80x model)... They were on sale from TigerDirect for around $30.

395 minutes recording time... I plan on trying it out some this weekend.

<fingers crossed>

well, of course my $10 1gig doesn't bounce right, but i decided that i really don't care b/c i won't be producing or bouncing on it, just recording basic tracks and then transferring to my 16 track.

guess what, i got a 2gig card for $20. but i think i'll use it in my digital camera for video clips, i still haven't filled up my prior 1 gig for $10 card!

I recently got a PNY Tech 1 gig card that works very well in my MR-8. For only like 14 bucks.

wow, i guess that pretty much ends this thread.

it was a good one, actually about something, not like a few other bloated ones i won't mention... :D

I just pulled a card 2gigs from a camera. I'll be testing it out on the original old mr8 soon. Anyone remember these old days? This was some thread, wow.

Back