MP3 players

Ridickolas

I wasn't sure where to post this so move as necessary.

Well my iPod broke and I need a new MP3 player, but I don't want to get an iPod, because of all the restrictions. Looking for a 8gb+ player that you can just drag songs off onto somebody else's computer (without making folders within your itunes like on an ipod) and does anyone know of an MP3 player that can play iTunes files? Or a site/programme that unlocks iTunes songs?
Thanks

I wasn't sure where to post this so move as necessary.

Well my iPod broke and I need a new MP3 player, but I don't want to get an iPod, because of all the restrictions. Looking for a 8gb+ player that you can just drag songs off onto somebody else's computer (without making folders within your itunes like on an ipod) and does anyone know of an MP3 player that can play iTunes files? Or a site/programme that unlocks iTunes songs?
Thanks

i've been there. my ipod nano died when it was less than a month out of warranty. :mad:

but the sad fact is that the ipod is the best mp3 player out there. i dropped $250 on the 80 gig classic last year, and no regrets.

I've avoided i anything because of the proprietry restrictions etc. I've owned a nice simple MP3 player that takes AAA batteries so I don't have to plug it in for a charge and I can just rip from disc on my coputer & into the player though it's only 250meg.
I bought a new player this week though - 4Gig - BUT it plays wav files so I'll have the convenience of an MP3 player but better quality (I hope). Obviously I don't want 100's of tracks on it. I use my MP3 player to listen to mixes whilst walking.

iPud software on other players - you'll probably have to buy a Chinese knock off.

I use a converter to go from .wav to mp3 and so on. I believe ipod is now mp4? I could be wrong. I have been putting off getting one for my begging daughter.

Look into converters. Here is a site you can check out to get you started. The best thing about this one, the basic program (which works GREAT) is FREE:

Koyote Soft

i use a creative zen sleek,had it for 2 years now with no probs.i`ve upgraded the firmware which was easy and now works "hotplugging" with mediaplayer 10 and winamp with no software !!! (which is handy)

its 20 gig
you can configure up to 16 gig of that as a protable hard drive (hot plugs with no software)

and you can get them REALLY cheap now

the only down side is it can take up to 2 HOURS to fill it...

I recommend a Sony NW-E005. it's cheap and has great sound quality! ideal for music lovers who don't need any james bond stuff ;)

I still say that buying cd's is the best way to go. The best format is a wav IMO. At least you can rip the cd at what ever rate you like. Itunes and others only offer the rate of 256 i believe. I made this realization to late and purchased music thru itunes.

How ever I do like the Ipod. It will accept wav files even though they take up space.

I just bought a 30gb Zune from my pawnshop...enough room to put my whole collection of MP3s on...I got my several thousand songs from just going to the liberary website and ordering Best of collections from every artist Ive ever heard of...and I still have enough room for about 20 or so movies I can convert to put on it.

Mine's a little Chinese 4 Gif thing. Big screen and happily holds/plays wav. files. It's called - wait for it Ballet Mover.
It'll tak SD card in as extra space as well.
Sounds good, has all the usual bull options but I just use it, with a set of decent headphones (lightweight sits over ear without cupping it), to play wav. files ripped straight from my CDs or mixes I want to analyis whilst walking etc. I get to leave MP3 behind AGAIN.
Oh, cost AUS$49 delivered from HK.

Back