most hated song

I've compiled a short list:

Strokin'- Clarence Carter

Kung Fu Fighting- Somebody Douglas

Bend Me Shake Me-Who cares?

Sugar, Sugar-The Archies

I Wanna Rock and Roll all Night etc.-KISS my ass.

Hollywood Nights-Bob Seagar

and the one that really makes my butt cheeks squeeze together hard enough to split a 2x4 in half;

Achey Breaky Heart- Billy Ray (are you)Serious

Did I forget "Womp dare it is"

[This message has been edited by Ray J (edited 07-26-2000).]

DRAGON- I saw AMERICA on Nashville Network last night. They need to consider sticking with the studio and get off the road. Blood, Sweat, and Tears was very good...

Bad Songs- Anything from Elton John after "Don't Shoot Me..." - ESPECIALLY "Don't Go Breakin My Heart".

An old girlfriend of mine took me once to see
BST at a com. college, wasnt really into them
but they rocked the place and were great, only Sousaphone solo I have ever seen. I have
to agree with you bout EJ except for YBR, saw
him on that tour, must of had 15 people on stage, brought someone out to play the farfisa organ just for Crockadile Rock. Saw
him at Madison Square Garden one Week after
I had seen Led Zepplin there ( the song remains the same concert) and for overall sound EJ blew them away. Oh yea, the BS+T tickets were one dollar apiece!

Gimme three notes of "Gimme Three Steps" and I'll be headin towards the door.
Wipe Out is one that (most of) us drummers really hate too.

It's Still Rock n Roll to Me-Billy Joel
Jukebox Hero/Hot Blooded-Foreigner (Yucky)
Only The Lucky Ones-Loverboy (Foreigner II)
Old Time Rock n Roll-Bob Seger
Fly Away-Lenny Kravitz
I Love Rock n Roll-Joan Jett

At the dentist the other day they had one of those"sunny" or "magic" FM stations going and even though it was only a check up I was wanting the nitrous when Muscrat Love by the Captain and Tenille came on followed by Afternoon Delight by the Starland Vocal Band. Did you know Billy Cobam played drums on that piece of drek? They did'nt like his drum sound so they covered his drums with tissue paper.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Garger:
"Horse With No Name" was written by...Lennon/McCartney<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
What are you smok'in? I'll have some! PEACE kmar

You know, if Bob Seger and Bryan Adams were both thrown off the face of the planet I wouldn't shed a tear. The local classic rock station played a great parody called "Bowel Moves." You can guess what the lyrics were like.

Worst song I hate: "Summer of '69" by Bryan Adams.

"I got my first real six string
"Bought it at the five and dime
"Played it 'til my fingers bled
"It was the summer of '69"

OK, besides the fact that the song just sucks in general, lets parse the lyric. First of all, were there even five and dime stores in 1969? Even if there were, that's not where you go to buy your "first real six string." Second, he played it 'til his fingers bled. If so, why can't he play more than three chords now? Finally, Bryan Adams was, what, seven years old in 1969? Maybe I just take these things too seriously...

MikeDog, who can't believe Bob Seger is in consideration for poet laureate of the state of Michigan

Sorry, I decided I wasn't going to flame on these threads, so I took off what I said.

Speaking of flaming, where's Boy George on this list?

[This message has been edited by Brahmb (edited 07-31-2000).]

Yes there were five and dime stores in 1969.
My parents bought me my first guitar at Two
Guys, anyone remember that chain? Four pickup
tobacco sunburst tremolo, tiesco, still have
a picture of my dad fooling with it. (had one
finger on left hand motorcycle accident 1929)
I was 12 and it was 1964 and the guitar cost about 40.00

Anything by Father Time ....... And Boy George is probably on his knee's somewhere in this world.......

[Edited by Coda - Co on 08-02-2000 at 13:55]

Back