monitor vs main outs

carousel

Hi there. A word of introduction first: I've been lurking around here for a while, I registered originally under the name Andrew321 just so I could view the threads, posted a couple dumb questions, and now I'm back, permanently this time under 'Carousel', to ask more dumb questions! :rolleyes:

And this IS a dumb one, believe me...

I've got an m312, which I really like, but for the life of me I just can't find a monitor output on the back! Is it just me, or is an 8 channel monitoring section kinda useless unless there's a seperate output? Otherwise when you record you'll print both the main channels and the monitoring section to tape! And that's no good...

So can someone set me straight? I'd really appreciate any pointers... And help me get rid of this headache :eek:

On the back jack panel of the M312 there are both Stereo output jacks in XLR +4db balanced, 1/4" 0db unbalanced and -10db RCA unbalanced. These are the jacks that feed to a mastering deck of your choice and are activated by the orange colored push buttons marked; "L-R" and are controlled as a final stage by the red colored faders marked "L" & "R".

The monitor jacks on the back of the mixer are designed to feed your monitoring amp and speakers and they are cryptically marked with the word "MON" on the jack panel and are offered in 1/4" 0db unbalanced connectors and in unbalanced -10db RCA jacks. These jacks are controlled by the white colored knob labeled MONITOR and multi-colored pushbutton array labeled MON on the top control surface of the mixer toward the far right side of the board.

The monitor section of the mixer gives you the convenience of listening at a comfortable level to the sound without disturbing your carefully set levels that are feeding recorders that need a fixed level.

Get the picture?

Cheers! :)

MON!!!!

And here I thought it meant mono!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much, Ghost. And cheers to you as well!

Do you ever get tired of helping dumb people like me? :D

Thanks so much again :)

Back