monitor comparison

Buzi

any comments on these two ? which one would you get, if cost wasn't an issue?

Wharfedale 8.2A (6.5" woofer)
or
KRK RP5's (5" woofer)

cheers
:D

I've heard good things about the KRK's but haven't actually heard them. I imagine that the Wharfedales will give you better low-end response. I'm considering a KRK sub to go with my Wharfedales, though!

Well I heard the KRK's pretty flat but not as much as the V4's but then if your comparing a 6.5in woofer then you should be looking at the KRK RP6's that is more comparitable to the Whalf's.

I have the RP8s. I love these things. When I was trying out the monitors, he first hooked up the RP5's, I didn't know. I was blown away by how big they sounded. I've never heard the Wharfdale's though. Just from reviews, I want to get a pair. Ha.

deepwater, who owns the RP8s and 8.2s, has said numerous times that he prefers the Wharfedales. He also sells KRK and Wharfedale stuff, and the KRKs cost $200 more, so that should tell you something.

OneArmedScissor said:
deepwater, who owns the RP8s and 8.2s, has said numerous times that he prefers the Wharfedales. He also sells KRK and Wharfedale stuff, and the KRKs cost $200 more, so that should tell you something.

And thats the truth.

I listened to several KRK's in stores and I had never heard the wharfedales, but couldn't resist buying a pair for the price and the rave reviews. They hype is really big right now on these monitors, I'm not going to say they are the best thing ever, but they are pretty darn good and are doing a great job for me!

Back