Model reccomendation

termnl

Im in the market for a keyboard for my home studio......but Im having trouble....

I dont know anyone who plays keyboard and I need a good reccomendation.

(88 key, fully weighted, hammer action)

If you guys could toss a few model names out, that would make my week a lot easier

im willing to spend up to around $2000 (but less is always good)

I dont really care about having sampler/synth/sequencer all on the same unit.....I would rather pay for good sound and feel than a lot of features.

I was thinking about going the route of just grabbing a midi controller and adding sound modules/synths....any thoughts on this?

TIA for your help.

Thanks for the tip.

Never played on one though.....I noticed that the 2600 was semi-weighted. Is the 2500 the same?

To give a sort of baseline, I really liked the feel of the studiologic sl-990 controller.

Is the feel on the 2500 close to that or nothing near?

Termnl,

You mentioned that you're looking for an 88 key hammer action. The K2500s in question is actually 76 key, semi-weighted. I must say, if you're OK with that, it's a steal at that price, especially considering it comes with a couple of ROM options too.

If you're really looking for an 88 key fully weighted model then look at the "X" models (like K2500X).

Also, that ad states that the only difference between K2500 and the k2600 is that the motherboard is manufacturerd in a different country. It is absolutely falce! There are some added features on the K2600 that vastly (no pun intended) extend the synthesis capabilities of the K2600 over the K2500, also the K2600 comes with balanced outputs vs. unbalanced on the K2500.

The 88 key versions use Fatar's hammer action keybed, some like it (works for me), some hate it, so keep that in mind.

Having said that, it is a great master controller has a deep and extremely flexible synthesis architecture that will keep surprising you for years to come (if you're keen on programming your own sounds) and has great support.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Back