MK 8 Mark II- Updating software and Windows 7 compatibility

zippydw

Have not used my MK8 mark II in ages. Using Audacity alot.

Anyway. I have new computer- Windows 7 system. I want to use the Mark II for a project which will require transfering wav files to my lap top. I think the mark IIs software needs to be updated. All the fostex site's instructions that you can find says the system can only operate in an XP/2000 environment.

And the Fostex version 1.05 update does not come with an instruction attachment.

Has anyone updated and used the Mark II in a windows 7 environment? How do you do the upgrade?

I am a little apprehensive to do the update from my new machine. We had a 'system crash' at home and I had to get new machines with the new machines only having windows 7and are 64 bit. I am at the point I might just forget doing the project editing on the machine and just do the best I can locally on the MR8 and burn to a component cd burner.

I also though about just hooking the two up and see what happens. I suspect the windows 7 would immediately tell me if it did not recognize the MR8

You seem right on Fostex not having support in the US. All I seem to get is that the site link no longer exists. I though Fostex had folded.

I think WavManager works on Windows 7. You can get a copy from Fostexinternational under Support

Thanks.

Actually have been having good luck running a Mackie mixing board into Audacity direct. But I can't do multiple instruments and the mix down is a little clunky.

Let me download and I will report back for anyone who is interested. I was planning to do that anyway.

Thanks

Back