Mixing / Mastering / Drum job for another group's song.

FYI...I took Mix 4 no/no to the radio station, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I'll keep you updated.

Im not sure my ears are sophisticated enough to detect which mix is better but I think it's very unfortunate that the lead guitar intro is flat as this creates your first impression of the song and takes away from the fact that it is otherwise well put together and well recorded. Nice drums as always PI. I'd put a little plate reverb on the rim shot though.

Yeh, we recorded just about everything that we kept in 2-3 hours one night and didn't really hear the flat lead guitar until it was all put together (time crunches suck)....but it sounded to me like PI ran it through a re-tune effect on one of the mixes. I know reaper has a plug-in that does that and I was messing around and got it to sounding pretty good with that....

Really liked mix 4 with no/no better. Takes a good engineer to make an sm58 sound THAT nice imho! Good job man, double tracking the rythym guitar would have been really nice... I understand you couldnt.... but I can TASTE it! lol... kudos on the new venture! might have to hit you up someday...

BTW, my ears might be playing tricks on me... I really like the version you have on your website under clients but I cant figure out which mix it is ;) oh well...

Heh... Hate to say it, but the one on the clients' page of my site has the full spat&chorus on it. It's "Mix 4" on this thread. It's all good, though. Thanks for listening!

I liked the version on the clients page as well...sounded nice and full.

I'm no mixing expert, or even novice really...so that's all I have to offer :/

Thanks for listening (and creating) this song!

When the drummer was doing double-kicks - there is one at :38 and another at :58. The one at :58 isn't so bad. But that one at :38 bugged me. There was a late one at around 1:26. Another late one at 2:48.

Thanks Triple.. I took the time to listen, and I've gotta say, the double-kicks @:38 & :58 are dead-on. I don't know what to tell ya. The ones at 1:26 & 2:48 were indeed late. Sadly, there are late hits all over the place, but not enough time to fix em' all. Thanks for taking the time to respond, Triple.

FYI...I took Mix 4 no/no to the radio station, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I'll keep you updated.

Sweet! I'd like to know what they say...

Im not sure my ears are sophisticated enough to detect which mix is better but I think it's very unfortunate that the lead guitar intro is flat as this creates your first impression of the song and takes away from the fact that it is otherwise well put together and well recorded. Nice drums as always PI. I'd put a little plate reverb on the rim shot though.

beatlebum - I hear ya. Not sure, but I think that's why I initially wanted to add some pretty thick FX on it. Thanks for the listen!

Yeh, we recorded just about everything that we kept in 2-3 hours one night and didn't really hear the flat lead guitar until it was all put together (time crunches suck)....but it sounded to me like PI ran it through a re-tune effect on one of the mixes. I know reaper has a plug-in that does that and I was messing around and got it to sounding pretty good with that....

Tell me about it. Doing this for clients of the studio really eats at me, because I can never get stuff done as thoroughly as I want to. Ah, well.. Small price to pay to make this a lifestyle. Ahh.... Wouldn't that be awesome?

I know this is kind of an old thread, but I thought I would give you all an update.

The song was played on the radio today. The radio station came out to the church for two hours before the conference started today and they played the song during one of the breaks.

We were stoked. :D:D:D:D:D

Once again, thanks to PoeticIntensity for doing a great job. :)

Back