Mixing Guitar, Bass & Drums

KenA

Hi.

I've been looking for tutorials (preferable paid) about mixing only Guitar, Bass & Drums and although there are some when googling, I'd like to know if you guys could point me to some that you may know.

What exactly are you looking for? What DAW are you using? Just mix - using your ears - then post in the MP3 Clinic section of this forum (participating - listening to others' mixes and commenting) will get you more responses.

Sorry I wasn't very clear ... I'm using Reaper and play guitar as a hobby so I add Drums from Addictive Drums with some midi editing e sometimes play some parts via keyboard (I use the Keith Mcmillen K-board ... it's a great one for finger drumming) and use the same K-board for Bass lines.

I try to mix, as you said, by ear and try to keep it simple. Built-in Reaper plug-ins and rarely 3rd parties.

One important fact: 3 years ago I moved to Japan and here apartments are small and so everything I do is using headphones and mixing this way is not recommended, you should test with headphones as well, but not do it as a primer. But, one thing I learned is that there are always something good in bad situations as well...

I'll also check the MP3 Clinic and get familiar with what others are doing there!

I'm looking at 2 interesting tutorials from Kenny Gioia: Groove3 - Mixing in Reaper and Groove3 - Reaper Signal Flow Explained ... I'll probably check the Signal Flow before the Mixing one.

Back