Mixing down to CD from 4 track tape

Gavin

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to mix down to CD from a 4-track tape?

I have a Tascam 4 track and would like to mix down to CD, rip from CD, make an MP3 and upload it to the Net.

Can I just use a portable CD player/recorder to mix down to?

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Gavin

"Yo Island in De Sun" Gavin:

But of course you can burn a CDR or RW from your 4 tracker.

You would need a CD burner of some sort, and the prices of many good ones have dropped a bunch due to DAWs and other forms of digital ingenuity.

Even the venerable Masterlink is down below 1k.

Since I use a DAW, I'm guessing you have to first put your mix into a stereo track and then burn the CD from there. So, use the search button on this site or find someone snorkling out there who can advise you.

I taught a gal who lives out there -- her name is Marquetta.

Never taught Harry Belefonte though.

Green Hornet:D :D :p :p :p :p :cool:

Soon I'll be purchasing TASCAM's CDR700. Under four bones and it's a stand-alone unit.

It ain't the top of the line but it burns a CD just as good as any other.

The Green Hornet said:

Even the venerable Masterlink is down below 1k.

Jeez! If the masterlink now qualifies as "venerable", I hate to think what that makes me! (fossilized? antiquated? petrified? Jurassic?
:(

Thanks for the info guys.

I think I will purchase a stand alone tape deck and mix down to that first. Then when I get my laptop I can somehow burn a CD from the tape.

Gavin

Yo minitaturized hound-dog:

Naww, man. You're not aged. The Masterlink has been the one box that has been touted as the "best" for the money; and, maybe it is. I almost bought one before I got my DAW Yam 2816. Don't need the Masterlink since my unit burns CD's.

Triassic? No. Jurassic? No. Very intelligent and cogent and informative and possessing great ratiocinative abilities -- YES.

That's Littledog.

Green Hornet
:p :p :p :D :D :D :cool: :cool:

If you own a computer, you could try to use some wav recording program to do your mix, and convert the resulting file to mp3 using CDex ( a free (GPL) program who can do many file types conversions and cd rips ).

Regards

Back